WordPress Updates page – BPS free installed instead of BPS Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Updates page – BPS free installed instead of BPS Pro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tapps
    Participant

this is on the multisite install at http://milwaukeesynod.org

when i did the auto updates (through the network) suddenly the pro version of BPS is completely gone. i suppose i can just re-upload the folder via FTP, but i really want to know why upgrading the plugin downgraded me (and will this happen every time i update the plugin through the “updates” interface?)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

In order for this problem to happen the most logical explanation would be that you had an old BPS free plugin folder under the plugins folder.  WordPress will automatically think you have the BPS free plugin installed instead of the BPS Pro plugin.  We recently released a BPS free plugin update so that would make sense.  In order to avoid this problem from happening in the future you would make sure there are not any old BPS free plugin folders under your /plugins folder.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also the BPS Pro plugin should not be updated on the WordPress Updates page with other WordPress.org Repository plugins at the same time and should only be updated/upgraded individually.  Personally I recommend that you use the BPS Pro update now link on the Plugins Page instead of using the WordPress Updates page.  The reason for this is all other WordPress plugins are installed from the WordPress.org Server and BPS Pro is of course installed from our Server – api.ait-pro.com.  Installing plugins from 2 different API Servers at the same time will cause problems.

tapps
    Participant

that must be the case. i just deleted the free plugin and re-uploaded the pro and everything is all good now. thanks. i didn’t realize that the free version was still on the site. and good to know about the updates. that’s very helpful. thanks 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.