All BPS Screens are Blank – BPS plugin pages blank

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro All BPS Screens are Blank – BPS plugin pages blank

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    guy te watson
    Participant

All my BPS Screnes are Blank. I have updated all plugins and themes and WordPress. I have turned off all plugins except BPS. I have tried reactivating, not fixing issue. I have tried Setup Wizard but it gives and activation error. Reactivating says successful but does not fix the problem of the screne for all tabs are still blank. Can someone login and see what is up or is there something else I can do?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I see an API server error alert for this website:  help-to-xxxx-fxxxxxxxxxx.net (obfuscated for security reasons).  This website is using an https scheme, but your BPS Pro Activation Key for this website is for an http scheme.  You need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key for this website.

• If you change your domain URL in any way then request a new BPS Pro Activation Key. Domain URL changes would be changing your domain name, moving your website to a new folder/URL, changing HTTP to HTTPS, changing your Domain prefix from www to non-www or vice versa.

BPS Pro Activation Steps:
    1. Enter the BPS Pro Download-Request Key that was emailed to you when you purchased BPS Pro into the Save Download-Request Key text box and click the Save Download-Request Key button.
    2. Click the Get Activation Key button to get your BPS Pro Activation Key. Your Activation Key will be emailed to your PayPal email address that you used to purchase BPS Pro with.
    3. Copy and Paste the BPS Pro Activation Key that was emailed to your PayPal email address into the Save Activation Key text box and click the Save Activation Key button.

guy te watson
    Participant

Thanks that worked.  Now it looks like my site is hacked because BPS was not working because of the HTTPS issue I guess. Not blaming BSP. I am trying to run use Litespeed cache and other plugins and I am getting a security check by a NinjaFirewall plugin that is not installed. Have you heard of this below hack. It shows the NinjsFirewall plugin logo where the word NinjaFirewall is on the website when it come up. I have never installed this plugin. What do you think about this and have you heard of it and know a fix?

https://help-to-stop-foreclosure.net/wp-admin/admin.php?page=litespeed-cache
    Sorry 24.191.21.239, your request cannot be processed.
    For security reasons, it was blocked and logged.
    NinjaFirewall
    If you believe this was an error please contact the
    webmaster and enclose the following incident ID: [ #2174313 ]”

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro is designed to continue to work even if it is not activated when your change your website domain URL in any way.  I did some Google searches and did not find any specific security vulnerabilities listed for this, but I did find a hacked website that was using the NinjaFirewall plugin code to redirect visitors to other websites.  I’d like to take a look at this website to see what is going on.  Send a WordPress Administrator login to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Waiting on the login to your site, but in the meantime I am seeing lots of JavaScript errors on your site and most likely that is because you are minifying js scripts.  js minification not only slows down a website, but it also creates security vulnerabilities.  js minification should NEVER be used for any reason.  Looking at your Login page Form code there is a redirect to ?page=litespeed-cache.  I have no idea if that is normal or not.  A login page or any website page containing a Form should NEVER be cached.  So it is very strange to me that there would be a redirect to a cached litespeed page.

guy te watson
    Participant

Sorry about that. I did a long while back install NinjaFirewall to see if it had anything I wanted to suppliment BPS, but I had it in operation for not even a day as far as I remember now because I saw no benefit. Now I even more see no benefit. These were common functions for the plugins I was using that NinjaFirewall was blocking for no good reason.  And it was even deactivated and still giving me these security blocks, not good, especiallly doing all this while it was not even activated. So now I suppose I have to go in my htaccess file and find the NinjaFirewall code and make sure it is removed when I delete the plugin. Sorry about taking up your time, my mistake. I turned off all NinjaFirewall functions/check boxes and used the plugins and the response was normal, no blocks. I made sure I manually turned off all the functions the best I could just in case the deleting of the plugin left some residual problems code since I have already seen some bad acting by this plugin. Now I have to be concerned about getting it out fully successfully.

guy te watson
    Participant

If I could trouble you a little bit more about this, my, mistake with this plugin. I have checked the htaccess file and I do not see any NinjaFirewall referenced code. Nothing says Ninjafirewall. I figured there would need to be some code in the htaccess file for it to still be effecting the site without being enabled/activated. Where else could it be working from to effect the site even though it is off? Any ideas? I’ll understand if you don’t want to bother with this any more also.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely what is happening is that your LiteSpeed Cache plugin has cached old NinjaFirewall plugin stuff.  Try clearing/purging all of your LiteSpeed Cache plugin cache and also clear your Browser cache.

guy te watson
    Participant

Ok thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

One other thing that you should do is turn off all js minification option settings and then clear/purge all cache.  Personally I recommend that you don’t use js minification, but if you still want to do that then turn on js minification option settings after clearing/purging all cache.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.