WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded – failed to open stream: Permission denied

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded – failed to open stream: Permission denied

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hindssites
    Participant

I am trying to increase my php maximum execution time. Presently I am trying to use a plugin to do that, since all other attempts have failed. Problem is that BPS gives me a PHP Error log report that says:

file_put_contents(/home/xxxx-xxxx/public_html/mydomain.com/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx-xxx/public_html/mydomain.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-maximum-execution-time-exceeded/wp-maximum-execution-time-exceeded.php on line 59

Since the file path is pointing to .htaccess. I am wondering whether BPS is the one that is stopping this change from being made. If so, how can I allow this plug that changes the max-execution-time to make the change?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can change the maximum execution time for your website/server in BPS Pro > P-Security > ini_set Options > Max Execution Time setting.

The WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded plugin assumes that you have a DSO server type and you have the php5_module loaded on your server. The WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded plugin will create this htaccess code below in your root htaccess file:

# WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    </IfModule>

This WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded plugin code above will not work on 95% or more of all websites/servers worldwide and would only work on about 5% of websites/servers worldwide.  Most likely the reason the WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded plugin cannot write to the root htaccess file is because you have locked the root htaccess file on the B-Core > htaccess File Editor page.  Since the WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded plugin code will not work on your website/server then use the BPS Pro ini_set Options > Max Execution Time setting to change the maximum execution time for your website/server.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.