API Server Call failed error message displayed on WordPress Add New Plugins page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro API Server Call failed error message displayed on WordPress Add New Plugins page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dtyler1
    Participant

[New Topic has been created for this issue/problem and replies have been condensed to show only relevant information]
    I signed on with a new host and installation of WordPress today. After installing BPS Pro I was no longer able  access the WordPress Plugin API from the backend. I uninstalled BPS Pro and was able to access the API (I did this twice to confirm). Any ideas what may be happening and how to restore access with BPS Pro running?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok this problem is also happening on all of our sites and is actually something that needs to be corrected in BPS Pro. Something must have changed recently on the WordPress API server on wordpress.org. I have created a working fix for this in BPS Pro code. I will need to release another BPS Pro version ASAP. BPS Pro 11.7.1 will be released in approximately 30 minutes from now and will have the new working fix for this problem.

BPS Pro 11.7.1 has been released @ 11:15am PST. If you do not see the BPS Pro upgrade notification on the WP Plugins page then use/click the BPS Pro Manual Upgrade Check link under the BPS Pro plugin description to force a BPS Pro upgrade check.

Additional Note:  The BPS Pro error message has been changed from:  “API Server Call failed” to:  “BPS Pro:  API Server Call failed” for better clarity/error sourcing.

dtyler1
    Participant

Thank you for the awesome support and fast reponse!

Max
    Participant

This is apperaring again  when I do a search for plugins within plugins/install/search: BPS Pro: API Server Call failed

The “try again” button below fixes it then.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Max – Yes, we are aware of this issue.  It will be corrected in BPS Pro 12.4.  The workaround solution is to click the “Try Again” button until a new fix can be created for the changes made in WP 4.6.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.