Are BulletProof Security settings saved on Free to Pro upgrade?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Are BulletProof Security settings saved on Free to Pro upgrade?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bill
    Participant

I have purchased Pro but need an answer prior to install. I have the Free version, now must upgrade. Instructions indicate I must delete free to install Pro. Are the current settings I have in free going to be saved and restored in Pro? Also, we get consistent attacks from bots on login. When I remove free, will it expose us for the period prior to install of pro?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you do a normal plugin deactivation and deletion on the WordPress Plugins page for the BPS free plugin then none of your database options settings or files (BPS free plugin files are deleted, but /wp-content/bps-backup/ files are not deleted) are deleted and will still be saved when you uninstall BPS free.  If you click the Uninstall Options option under the BPS free plugin on the WordPress Plugins page and choose Complete Uninstall then everything is deleted – all files and all BPS database option settings.

Yes, your Login page will be briefly unprotected since Login Security will not be active when you uninstall BPS free and until you install BPS Pro and run the Setup Wizard.  This is really not something to be too concerned with since the whole process should only take a minute or 2.  When you delete BPS free using the standard plugin deactivation and deletion steps then your website is still protected with htaccess file firewall protection even after deleting BPS free.

Bill
    Participant

Okay, I think I understand the explanation. I’m sure it will make more sense when I compare what you said to what I find while doing it.

However, I do still feel some squish-butt regarding the login exposure.  These hack attempts are non-stop, and quite annoying.  Which gives me an idea for a suggestion to a future added feature: Build a software bazooka that will trace back to the source of the attacks and melt their processors.  Maybe throw in the added sound effect piped through their speaker of a whistling projectile that is about to rain down on them, and a voice that sounds like Bela Lugosi in Dracula saying, “Bwahaha-ha-haaaaaa!!”

Yeah, I’d pay for that feature.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can use BPS BackEnd Maintenance Mode to lock your Login page / wp-admin area during the BPS free uninstall and BPS Pro install if you want to block everyone except your IP address from being able to view/access your Login page / wp-admin area.

Yeah we played around with something like that called “Boomerang” many years ago.  See this forum topic:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bps-pro-alert-a-new-security-log-entry-has-been-logged/#post-23848 for more details and why it would probably just get someone in trouble instead of getting revenge on a hacker or spammer.  😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.