AutoRestore – file backup not working

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro AutoRestore – file backup not working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dennis
    Participant

Autorestore isn’t backing up any files, even after I manually tell it to do so. It gives me the message File Backup Required
    Total Backup Files: 0
    beneath all 4 backup columns (root files, wp-admin Files, wp-includes Files, and wp-Content files). In addition, I get the following Autorestore and ARQ error messages AutoRestore Automation Error AutoRestore Automation failed to backup all WP Core files during the WordPress Upgrade. AutoRestore is currently turned Off to prevent new WP Core files from being quarantined… ” and “ARQ Cron FailSafe Shutdown: File Backup is Required before the ARQ Cron will run.  Click Here to go to AutoRestore… ” at the top of the screen for the root files, the wp-admin Files, the wp-includes Files, and the wp-Content files.

The message then tells me to run the Pre-installation Wizard and the Setup Wizard – but the problem persists after I do so.

Lastly, after running a scan, Mscan reports “Scan Completed [] : Total Scan Time: 00:00:00 : Total Files Scanned: 0 : Skipped Files: 0 : Suspicious Files: 0 : Suspicious DB Entries: 0”. Despite having run the scan, there is a message at the top of the screen saying “An MScan scan has not been run yet or the MScan Delete Scan Status Tool has been used to delete MScan Status values, which deletes the the last MScan scan Timestamp for the last scan that was run.”

Any clues as to why the files aren’t being backed up or scanned?

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Try force upgrading BPS Pro again by using the steps in this forum topic > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/mscan-scheduled-scan-not-running/

AutoRestore and MScan are independent security features that are not related to each other in any way.  So far we have seen at least one web host disabling BPS MScan files because the host Malware Scanner is detecting the BPS MScan Malware Scanner pattern matching code as malicious.  So maybe your web host has disabled BPS Pro?  See what happens with doing a forced BPS Pro upgrade first before assuming your web host is disabling BPS Pro.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.