ARQ is off but can’t edit wp-config.php

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro ARQ is off but can’t edit wp-config.php

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Technoogies
    Participant

Hey,

I turn ARQ off and edit my wp-config.php, but after I save the file all of my edits are gone.
    Also the wp-config.php is not getting quarantined, just over written instantly.
    Ver. 15.5

Technoogies
    Participant

I disabled BPS Pro and the same issue persists. Weird and very upsetting.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

In your particular case it sounds like your web host does not allow changing/editing the wp-config.php file.  I have come across a few web hosts that do that.  Which web host do you have?

General Help Info for anyone who is having their wp-config.php file quarantined after manually editing it:
    Either use the AutoRestore|Quarantine Standard Procedural Steps when manually modifying/editing/uploading files or restore the wp-config.php file from Quarantine.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Procedural Steps
    AutoRestore|Quarantine (ARQ IDPS) is a real-time file monitor that monitors all of your website files for any changes. When manually uploading or modifying files or folders with FTP use these simple procedural steps to avoid having those files autorestored and/or quarantined. If files are sent to Quarantine then use the Restore File option in Quarantine to restore those files. ARQ is amazing, but it cannot tell who you are if you are manually modifying or uploading files or folders outside of your WordPress Dashboard – that is not possible.

1. Turn AutoRestore Off on the AutoRestore page.
    Note: Alternative method to Turn AutoRestore Off: Go to the WordPress Plugins page > click the Must-Use link at the top of the page > click the BPS Pro MU Tools Turn Off AutoRestore link
    2. Manually upload files or manually modify/edit files or folders.
    3. Click the appropriate AutoRestore Backup Files button: Root Files, wp-admin Files, wp-includes Files or wp-content Files Backup Files button or run the Setup Wizards.
    4. Turn AutoRestore back On.

Technoogies
    Participant

I was using WinSCP to edit if that helps.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Maybe you did not save your editing changes in WinSCP?  Try editing your wp-config.php file in your web host control panel using the File Manager tool.  Or you can try this > Download the file with WinSCP, edit your wp-config.php file using Notepad++ and then upload your wp-config.php file using WinSCP.

Technoogies
    Participant

It does throw an error on save. (See below) I deleted the site profile and copied one I use from the same server that works and just changed the paths. That fixed it. We’ll never know what the hay the issue was. Probably a corrupt config file in the software. It would not let me edit a file in any folder, anywhere, but I could create files. I figured WinSCP was the issue after being able to edit files online and permissions were 0644. I should have figured it out sooner when faced with the big clue, no files in quarantine. Eh, I still like WinSCP. best overall and shell session included. Blows the doors of of WSFTP Pro that I used to use way back. WinSCP is free too. Donations accepted.
    Thanks for taking the time.

General failure (server should provide error description).
    Error code: 4
    Error message from server: Failure

Common reasons for the Error code 4 are:
    – Renaming a file to a name of already existing file.
    – Creating a directory that already exists.
    – Moving a remote file to a different filesystem (HDD).
    – Uploading a file to a full filesystem (HDD).
    – Exceeding a user disk quota.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Glad you got the problem figured out.  I use WinSCP too and have donated to WinSCP.  😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.