ARQ not working with WP Rocket active

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro ARQ not working with WP Rocket active

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DBR
    Participant

Hi, although I’ve excluded all BPS Pro js and css files from minification/combine, ARQ does not work when WP Rocket is active. It seems as though it’s a conflict with the core of WP Rocket because disabling any/all of the available options in WP Rocket doesn’t make a difference. The ARQ notification is not visible in the BPS toolbar and the ARQ status is not showing on the ARQ page.

Is there anything else that I can try to make ARQ work when WP Rocket is active?

Many thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

ARQ works fine with WP Rocket.  All BPS Pro js and css files are backend js and css files.  So you would not need to exclude any of them in WP Rocket settings.  Minification/compression only affects js and css files that load on the frontend of your website.  js minification/compression will break the BPS Pro Firewall.  Your options are:  do not minify js scripts (highly recommended) in WP Rocket settings or deactivate the BPS Pro Firewall.

What exactly are you seeing on the AutoRestore page for ARQ Cron Status?  Is the page blank or chopped off?  Describe the problem in as much detail as possible.  Is the DBM (Database Monitor) status displayed in the BPS Pro Dashboard Status Display?  Have you changed any S-Monitor settings such as > AutoRestore|Quarantine: ARQ Status > Turn Off Displayed Status?

DBR
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve found the problem – https://github.com/wp-media/wp-rocket/issues/1104

Seems as though there’s an issue with WP Rocket breaking other plugins’ cron schedules.

It also explains why WP Rocket was breaking my BackupBuddy schedules and why changing any of the WP Rocket settings didn’t make a difference. I’ve enabled the Google Tracking addon in WP Rocket and that’s solved the issue until the next release which should include the official fix.

Thanks again

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Good job!  Thanks for posting this information.  Hmm the post on GitHub says the severity of this bug/problem is “minor”, but I would classify the severity of the problem as major or a critical problem.

DBR
    Participant

Yeah, I think I would probably not categorise something that breaks other plugins’ cron jobs as being a ‘minor’ bug either. However, given that it’s a bug that’s very easily fixed and the majority of people will probably have that setting enabled anyway, I can see why it’s not considered a more serious issue.

Anyway, it’s resolved now and BPS Pro and WP Rocket work well together again.

My Tam
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

Hi, although I’ve excluded all BPS Pro js and css files from minification/combine, ARQ does not work when WP Rocket is active. It seems as though it’s a conflict with the core of WP Rocket because disabling any/all of the available options in WP Rocket doesn’t make a difference. The ARQ notification is not visible in the BPS toolbar and the ARQ status is not showing on the ARQ page.

Is there anything else that I can try to make ARQ work when WP Rocket is active?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ My Tam – This is a known issue with WP Rocket.  The fix is to enable the Google Tracking addon in WP Rocket.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.