AutoRestore/Quarantine – Manually add or remove folders and files

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro AutoRestore/Quarantine – Manually add or remove folders and files

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Krzysztof
    Participant

Hello,

I had some faulty files in uploads folder and my admnis had to delete them manualy with command line. They have created a backup folder uploadsk and ARQ quarantained it – thousands of files. Now they removed the folder but ARQ thinks it is still there – the log is huge, I can not admin my site and do not know what to do – they had to ad two cores to the server so it can handle the situation. I also ended up with masive php error log – some 11.000 errors.

How to solve this? ARQ can not deleate the files as they do not exzist anymore on worpdress site and I still see them.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When you are manually adding new folders or files on your website ARQ should be turned off while doing that and then the ARQ Backup Files buttons should be clicked before turning ARQ back on.  Or if you manually add folders and files under this folder /wp-content/bps-backup/ then they will not be checked by AutoRestore.  The /bps-backup/ folder is protected with a Deny All .htaccess file.  All folders and files under the /bps-backup/ are accessible to plugins, but not accessible from a Browser.

To manually delete log files you would FTP to your website and delete them from this folder below.  When you manually delete any log file a new blank log file will be automatically created by BPS Pro.

/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/

The AutoRestore/Quarantine log file is named:  autorestore_log.txt
    The PHP Error log file is named:  bps_php_error.log

After you are logged back into your website go to Quarantine and select the Delete Files select all check box to delete all files in Quarantine.

Krzysztof
    Participant

I knew all of this but my server admins forgot about this – result – 150.000 mails send to my post account 😉

The stopped the madnes after 30.000.

ARQ and BPS PRO couldn’t handle that amount of files – more than 70.000 – just to list those on ARQ page we had to use two aditional cores to spedd things up 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Some files do not need to be monitored by ARQ.  For example let’s say you have a folder full of pdf files or image files or zip files or mp3 files.  You can create exclude rules for these folders since these file types cannot be exploited.  Since the Plugin Firewall protects the /plugins folder ARQ does not need to monitor the /plugins folder.  So really what ARQ should only be monitoring is all of your WordPress Core folders and files /wp-admin, /wp-includes, etc.

Krzysztof
    Participant

So I can exclude the upload folder with images?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, that is recommended.  See this video tutorial on how to create exclude rules in AutoRestore.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine

AutoRestore/Quarantine Guide

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.