Unable to delete AutoRestore backup files using Delete Backup Files button

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to delete AutoRestore backup files using Delete Backup Files button

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris Moon
    Participant

Hi

The AutoRestore delete backup files function isn’t working for me ARQ is off and there are no exclude rules set but files are not being deleted. Files can be backed up but not deleted.

regards,
    Chris

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Send an Administrator login to this site to:  info at ait-pro dot com so that we can see what the issue/problem is.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Resolved:  This issue was just a technical procedural misunderstanding.  AutoRestore is working correctly.  AutoRestore backup leaves empty folders without any files in them when you delete AutoRestore Backup Files.  Instead of recreating the backup folders each time you Backup Files it is simpler just to leave the empty folders without any files in them so that the folders do not need to be recreated again.

Wayne Powell
    Participant

I am struggling a bit with a new installation of BPS on a Multisite installation.  I made a change that was FTD’s and ARQ caught the file and quarantined it (false positive, but understandable how that works).  So I tried to “Restore” the file from within ARQ.  Wouldn’t work. So I turn off ARQ and upload the file again, no problem. I tried to delete the files that are already quarantined, doesn’t work.  So I am experiencing some kind of write priviledge issue I think.  Any ideas?
    Thank you!

Wayne

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

“So I tried to “Restore” the file from within ARQ.”  I assume you are saying you tried using the Quarantine Restore File option in Quarantine?

Restore File Option:
    Selecting the Restore File Checkbox Form option does 3 things: 1. Copies the quarantined file to the autorestore backup folder and overwrites the backed up copy of the file. 2. Moves the file out of quarantine to the original source path where the file was quarantined from and overwrites the file that was autorestored. 3. Deletes the database entry for the quarantined file.

“I tried to delete the files that are already quarantined, doesn’t work.”  I assume you are saying you tried using the Quarantine Delete File option in Quarantine?

Delete File Option:
    Selecting the Delete File Checkbox Form option does 2 things: 1. Deletes the file permanently from the Quarantine folder. 2. Deletes the database entry for the quarantined file.

If my assumptions above are correct then yes it sounds like there is a folder/file permission or Ownership problem happening on your website.  Go to the BPS Pro > Logs & Info > System Info page and post this system information in this table box:  File|Folder Permissions (CGI or DSO)|Script Owner User ID (UID)|File Owner User ID

Wayne Powell
    Participant

The permissions showing are way off the recommended permissions:

CGI File and Folder Permissions|Recommendations
    File Path
    Folder Path Recommended
    Permissions Current
    Permissions Script Owner
    User ID (UID) File Owner
    User ID
    ../ 705 0715 641 641
    ../.htaccess 404 0644 641 641
    ../wp-config.php 400 0644 641 641
    ../index.php 400 0644 641 641
    ../wp-blog-header.php 400 0644 641 641
    ../wp-admin 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-includes 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/plugins 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/themes 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/uploads 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/upgrade 755 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/bps-backup 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/bps-backup/logs 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/bps-backup/master-backups 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine 705 0755 641 641
    ../wp-content/bps-backup/backups_T2Q813uTP8Ck2w0 705 0755 641 641

P.S. I did not receive an email notifying me of a reply here to my post.  Odd.

Wayne Powell
    Participant

Actually, when I look at those permissions at first glance, they appear to be permissive enough to allow changes by the system.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The only possible permission issue I see is:  715 permissions for your root folder.  I think 715 permissions are ok, but I have only ever used 705 and 755.

We are continuing to have ongoing intermittent automated email problems and of course you have to factor in all the other reasons why an automated email is never received:  receiving mail server spams/rejects/deletes the automated email, accidental blacklisting of mail server ip addresses, your computer email spam/junk application, etc.

If you would like for me to figure out the problem then create a temporary WordPress Admin user account and send it to info at ait-pro dot com.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.