AutoRestore Quarantine exclude cache files from being checked

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro AutoRestore Quarantine exclude cache files from being checked

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Amel
    Participant

Hello,

I have just installed an video plugin on to Word Press. This is an “secure” video solution where the videos are located outside of the web site root. So each time an user visit a video page the cache is generated which looks like following: /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/sh5vp_cache/20130323/b9c3452877312745ef0bb6457d053bf6f8b352dfMyVideo.mp4

what is the best way to handle this, delete it or let it stay ? perhaps it`s an good idea to delete this cache
    each time ? not sure… any good suggestion ? the only suggestions that does not impact the security are the
    acceptable 🙂

BTW: is it possible to configure the BPS to get rid of these files automatically without to inform me and without
    to write the logs ? more as an “Exception” only video cached files should be auto-deleted while everything else
    have to be notified as it`s now, so we can choose whether to delete it or not..

Thank You
    Best regards

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You should leave the cache files as they serve a valuable purpose and just calibrate AutoRestore not to check this folder.  To exclude files and folders from being checked by AutoRestore see the AutoRestore Guide Calibration help link below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#ARQ-Calibration

The AutoRestore/Quarantine alerts are important so no there is not a way to disable them or create an exception based on a particular file name.  You can turn off AutoRestore/Quarantine alerts in your Dashboard or AutoRestore/Quarantine email alerts by going to S-Monitor and choosing to turn these options off.  I do not recommend this of course.

Amel
    Participant

ok, I understand. I assume that I can use this reference to exclude it in my case: /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/sh5vp_cache everything that’s within a folder “sh5vp_cache” will not be checked by ARQ … am I right ?

Thank You very much for quick response !

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You would enter ONLY the sh5vp_cache folder name in this case because the folder is located directly under the /wp-content folder.  This will tell AutoRestore not to look in this folder or any of the subfolders under this folder.

Examples of CORRECT Paths to Exclude:  These folder paths are CORRECT because they are not full website paths to these folders and they do not contain /wp-content in the path and they do not start or end with forward slashes.  If you have a backup plugin that is creating dynamically named backup files you can also use this option to exclude the backups folder from being checked.

CORRECT: plugins/example-plugin/captcha/temp
    CORRECT: themes/example-theme/cache
    CORRECT: example-plugins-backup-folder-name/backups (this is assuming that the example plugin’s backup folder is in the wp-content folder and it has a subfolder called “backups” inside of the “example-plugins-backup-folder-name” folder.

Steps To Excluding Dynamic Folders From Being Checked by ARQ Infinity
    1. Enter the folder path that you want to exclude in one of the Excluded Temp/Cache Folder Path empty text boxes.
    2. Enter a Label or Description.
    3. Click the 1. Save To DB button.
    4. Click the 2. Create Filter button.
    5. Click the 3. Exclude Folders Now button.

Amel
    Participant

thank You very much for such a detailed explanation! In my case this is the “Dynamic” so I will follow the steps You mentioned. But only one last question, what is the procedure to remove the exception ? because as You can see we click “save to DB” button…I assume if we will remove the exception, it will be enough to just empty the field erase the folder reference and just repeat the steps, save to db etc… ? am I right ?

Thank You very much again !

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah its tough to copy and paste from one page to another page. ha ha ha.

Yes, you are correct.  If you delete a label and the folder name and then click the 1. Save to DB button you are saving a blank entry to your database, which is the same as delete and then you would click button 2 and 3 to complete the process.  This information should be added to the Blue Read Me help button so I will add it in BPS Pro 5.7.

Amel
    Participant

hehe 😉 ok I understand, that’s what I tough …

Thank You very much for helping !!

Best regards
    Amel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.