Exclude wp-config.php file from being checked by AutoRestore

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Exclude wp-config.php file from being checked by AutoRestore

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Harding
    Participant

I managed to place this post as a reply to an unrelated post. I have deleted the post and will try again as a new post.

I recently transferred my website to WPEngine. The wp-config.php file has a number of variables defined as a 64 byte encoded strings which appears to upset BPS. The wp-config.php is regularly placed quarantine. I have turned Auto Restore Off.

I have attempted to exclude this file with no success by performing the following steps:

• BPS PRO | AutoRestore
    • Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files
    • Select Folder or File Exclude Option: Exclude and Individual File
    • Enter an Exclude Folder or File Path: /nas/content/live/rzharding28/wp-config.php

A message is displayed (in green) stating /nas/content/live/rzharding28/wp-config.php has been excluded successfully and will NOT be checked by the ARQ Cron.

When I perform a Remove Excluded Folders|Files Search, the wp-config.php file appears in the list.

Turn the AutoRestore back on and the file /nas/content/live/rzharding28/wp-config.php starts appearing in quarantine again.

Any suggestions?

Richard

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your steps look correct.  So I am not sure what the problem could be.  Send a WordPress Administrator login to this site to:  info at ait-pro dot com and I’ll figure out what the problem is.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I logged in and checked your wp-config.php file and it has standard PHP code customizations for WPEngine in the file, but nothing out of the ordinary.  I’m not exactly sure why you were unable to restore the wp-config.php file from Quarantine.  If the wp-config.php file is quarantined in the future then that would mean something is being written to the wp-config.php file and you should just be able to restore it from quarantine.  I ran the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard and the wp-config.php file was not quarantined again.  If for some reason you run into a problem with this again then do the steps below.  I corrected your HPF whitelist rules and added whitelist rules for Visual Composer on your site. Note: I also deleted the ARQ single file exclude rule that you created for the wp-config.php file since it is not needed.

1. Turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Restore the wp-config.php file from Quarantine.
    3. Run the Setup Wizard again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.