b-core and p-security pages blank, all others working

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro b-core and p-security pages blank, all others working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adam tracksler
    Participant

doing another BPS install, and coming up with a weird issue, the b-core and p-security pages are coming up blank..
    all other pages are working, but i kinda need these two….
    Uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, but still coming up with this issue..

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked the API Server logs and this website starting out with “enterp…” as the subdomain name is on the same Server/Hosting Account as the other websites you have installed BPS Pro on.  What I am very concerned about at this point is since strange issues/problems were/are occurring on the known hacked website then I know for sure that at least one of the websites under this Hosting Account was hacked prior to installing BPS Pro on that website.

The reason this concerns me is that if the 1 website that is/was known to be hacked was hacked using a Hacker Shell script then this means that potentially all of your websites under this particular Hosting Account are compromised / hacked.  A Hacker Shell script has the capability to access/control/hack all other websites under an entire Hosting Account and is not confined or limited to just 1 website.  I do not want to assume this is the problem, but I also want to put this on the table as a possible real scenario that is occurring.

Another possibility is that since the other site that was/is known to be hacked prior to installing BPS Pro appears to have a group ownership problem then maybe the same problem with group ownership is also occurring on these sites.

Please create a temporary WordPress Admin login account for me (send to edward[at]ait-pro[dot]com) for one of these sites that is having the problem of B-Core and P-Security pages displaying blank and I will check several things including using the Pro-Tools to try to find hacker’s files, but if the hacker’s source file/Shell script is actually located on one of your other sites under this Hosting Account then the Pro-Tools String Finder will not find that Shell script under this site.  Once again a Hacker Shell script can take control/control of all of your websites under an entire Hosting Account from any single website under your entire Hosting Account.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also here is another possibility.  I see that you installed an older BPS Pro 5.2.2 zip file instead of the newer BPS Pro 5.3 zip file from the API Server logs on the domain that starts with “enterp…”.  It is possible, but not likely, that this could be the problem.  When i log into this site i will install a new BPS Pro 5.3 zip file and see if this is the problem.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Resolution:

This site was a subdomain website and the Site Architecture was incorrect.  The site/domain was parked and pointed to incorrectly.

Once the Site Architecture was fixed BPS Pro worked fine.

A folder for the subdomain was created and a DNS A Record was created to point to the new subdomain folder.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.