B-Core crashes – B-Core Hangs, B-Core Opens Slow, Security Log

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro B-Core crashes – B-Core Hangs, B-Core Opens Slow, Security Log

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

After upgrading BPS Pro to v. 5.5 I am unable to open the B-core options page (P-Security and other parts of BPS Pro load OK). In Chrome B-core loads forever and Firefox becomes unresponsive and even crashes. I am on WP 3.5, already reinstalled BPS Pro 5.5 manually but it made no change. I never had this problem before. Please help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A new Security Log page was added to B-Core.  The Security Log page automatically tries to open and display your security log file when you open the B-Core options page.  Your security log file is most likely extremely large.  FTP to your website and download your Security Log file to your computer from this website folder – /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/http_error_log.txt.  After you have downloaded your Security Log file delete it from your website.

BPS Pro 5.5 now has automated features/options that will automatically zip and email your Security Log file to you when it reaches the maximum log file size that you choose in S-Monitor.  The recommend/pre-selected maximum log file size is 500KB.

Tom
    Participant

This worked 🙂 Thank you very much!
    The new features look awesome!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep the new Logging features will completely automate the whole log file management process.  The primary purpose for having the Security Log in a quick accessible location is that it makes checking for issues/problems with the Plugin Firewall, the Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard and of course Plugins issues/conflicts quick and simple – the exact issue/problem error will be displayed in the Security Log making the solution a no-brainer/Zero guesswork.

The Security Log can of course also be used to monitor hacker activity/blocked hacking attempts/hacker bots sniffing around/junk bots sniffing around/recon/probes/scans/etc. on your website, but you should not spend too much time focusing on your Security Log file entries.  The AITpro sites log on average 1,500 hacking attempts per day so if I were to actually look at these hacking attempts on a daily basis I would never get any work done.  For the average website a more normal number of log entries is going to be around 50-100 per week.

tam103

Hi there, 
    I had the same problem, couldnt open the BPS PRO page in WP and this did the trick. Turns out my error log was 19MB! 
    Do I have to delete it on a regular basis?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

No, you would not need to delete any log files on a regular basis.  This is now completely automated in BPS Pro.  Please read the S-Monitor Email Alerting & Log File Options Blue Read Me help button on the S-Monitor page.  Folks who have upgraded to a newer version of BPS Pro with S-Monitor Email Alerting & Log File Options will most likely have a very large Security Log file and need to perform a one-time deletion of the Security Log file.  BPS Pro now completely automates Log file management and maintenance.

S-Monitor Email Alerting & Log File Options Blue Read Me help button posted below

ARQ: When A File Has Been AutoRestored / Quarantined: 
    Choose whether or not to have email alerts sent when a file has been AutoRestored or Quarantined. Recommended setting is: Send Email Alerts.

AutoRestore / Quarantine Email / Delete Log File: 
    Select the maximum Log File size that you want to allow for your Quarantine Log File and then select the option that you want when your log file reaches that maximum size. Choose to either automatically Email the Log file to you and delete it or just delete it without emailing the log file to you first. Recommended setting is: Email Log & Then Delete Log File.

Security Log: New Log Entry Has Been Logged: 
    Choose whether or not to have email alerts sent when a new security entry has been logged in your Security Log file. Recommended setting is: Do Not Send Email Alerts.

Security Log File Email / Delete Log File: 
    Select the maximum Log File size that you want to allow for your Security Log File and then select the option that you want when your log file reaches that maximum size. Choose to either automatically Email the Log file to you and delete it or just delete it without emailing the log file to you first. Recommended setting is: Email Log & Then Delete Log File.

PHP Error Log: New Errors in The PHP Error Log: 
    Choose whether or not to have email alerts sent when a new PHP Error has been logged in your PHP Error Log file. Recommended setting is: Do Not Send Email Alerts.

PHP Error Log File Email / Delete Log File: 
    Select the maximum Log File size that you want to allow for your PHP Error Log File and then select the option that you want when your log file reaches that maximum size. Choose to either automatically Email the Log file to you and delete it or just delete it without emailing the log file to you first. Recommended setting is: Email Log & Then Delete Log File.

BPS Pro Upgrade Notification: 
    Choose whether or not to have email alerts sent when a new version of BPS Pro is available. This option is currently disabled and will be re-enabled in a later version of BPS Pro. BPS Pro upgrade notifications are displayed just like any other plugin in your WP Dashboard. You can also manually check for a BPS Pro upgrade on the WordPress Plugins page by clicking the BulletProof Security Pro Manual Upgrade Check link.

The email address fields To, From, Cc and Bcc can be email addresses for your hosting account, your WordPress Administrator email address or 3rd party email addresses like gmail or yahoo email. If you are sending emails to multiple email recipients then separate the email addresses with a comma. Example: someone@somewhere.com, someoneelse@somewhereelse.com. You can add a space or not add a space after the comma between email addresses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.