S-Monitor Display Options – S-Monitor Notifications

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro S-Monitor Display Options – S-Monitor Notifications

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Behla

I’m setting up BPS Pro on two sites that are hosted at GoDaddy. I ran through all of the setup based on the and the sites seem to be functioning ok.
    I  have a few question or issues that I can’t seem to resolve with the initial setup:

1.  I keep getting this error message below. I have selected the save option for the first step, Auto ARQ Cron Options. When i select the other steps,  to backup files, it still says that the backup is not complete and the error message is in red.
    ARQ Cron FailSafe Shutdown: File Backup is Required before the ARQ Infinity Cron will run.Click Here to go to AutoRestore to Backup your Root Files.ARQ Cron FailSafe Shutdown: File Backup is Required before the ARQ Infinity Cron will run.Click Here to go to AutoRestore to Backup your wp-admin Files.ARQ Cron FailSafe Shutdown: File Backup is Required before the ARQ Infinity Cron will run.Click Here to go to AutoRestore to Backup your wp-includes Files.ARQ Cron FailSafe Shutdown: File Backup is Required before the ARQ Infinity Cron will run.Click Here to go to AutoRestore to Backup your wp-content Files.

2. I’d like to remove any error messages for BPS except when the user is on the BPS page. I set the option in the S Monitor section. http://cl.ly/image/0f2q420C2D3o
    But I’m still seeing issues or error messages on all pages of the admin.

3. I read a blog post that it is ok to run BPS and Better WP security. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-interactions-bulletproof-security-better-wordpress-security?replies=10 I saw that you replied there too. So what I’m taking away from your last reply is that IF i use the PRO BPS version and go through the main setups, that I don’t need Better WP Security as PRO BPS does it the security in a more comprehensive and sophisticated way?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

1. You need to click the AutoRestore 4 Backup Files buttons before attempting to turn the ARQ Cron On. The FailSafe that is kicking in is preventing this mistake from causing files to be accidently quarantined.

2. The First Install Launch static notification needs to be turned Off. I do not recommend that you choose to have all things displayed in BPS pages only. All of the Status options should be set to display in the WordPress Dashboard. These are important and should always be displayed to you at all times so that you can see at a glance if there are any issues, problems, etc. If you only want error messages displayed in BPS pages only then choose those specific options to be displayed in BPS pages only. Personally I think you should have everything displayed to you in the WP Dashboard.

3. I try to remain diplomatic when discussing other plugins value/worth. I try to stay away from saying negative things about other plugins so if I do not have anything good to say then I say nothing at all. 😉 I try to keep up with what other plugins are doing in relation to how they work or do not work with BPS Pro. I really do not have the time to constantly check compatibility so at this point I did notice that several things have changed in the most recent version of the Better WP Security. Whether things work or not with BPS Pro I really do not have any idea anymore. I have scheduled another test of the Better WP Security plugin in March and will make a new assessment at that point. It’s challenging enough to support my own plugin so I am definitely not looking to handle any other plugin’s issues or problems. 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.