BackUpWordPress PHP Warning shell_exec has been disabled for security reasons

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BackUpWordPress PHP Warning shell_exec has been disabled for security reasons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Deb
    Participant

I just installed the BackUpWordPress plugin as well on a low use personal site/client. I got the above error and fixed it  removing HEAD| But my php error log is filled up with these…

Is BPS doing the “security reasons” ones?

Also:

[21-Jan-2014 00:03:34 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/backupwordpress/classes/class-requirements.php on line 277

[21-Jan-2014 00:04:13 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/backupwordpress/classes/class-requirements.php on line 254

[21-Jan-2014 00:19:19 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: json_encode() [function.json-encode]: Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument in /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/backupwordpress/classes/class-schedule.php on line 739
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Have you created a custom php.ini file for your website or has your Host created a php.ini file for your website or is your Host disabling shell_exec in the Host Server’s php.ini file? If you have created a custom php.ini file then check it and look for the disable_functions directive shown below.

disable_functions = system, exec, passthru, shell_exec, show_source, popen, pclose, pcntl_exec

These functions above are the recommended functions to disable with the disable_functions directive in a php.ini file, but you can of course remove shell_exec.  Personally I would not do that on my sites, but that is of course up to you.  I’m not sure what the json_encode php error is caused by.  BPS does not do anything with or to or block json_encode so that php error is totally unrelated to BPS in any way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.