Unable to login to website – root htaccess file blocked IP address

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Unable to login to website – root htaccess file blocked IP address

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AITpro Admin 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Good Day,

I experienced some attacks from websites and my site have actually been compromised and are still being hacked and therefore I have blocked some IP’s as notified by BPS, wordfence and Sucuri. Laugh if you have to, but I also blocked my own IP by mistake.

BPS is working so well I can not get into my own website or wp-admin. Due to the reason that I can not get into my wp-admin I can not unblock my site. Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

AITpro Admin

Delete your IP address from being blocked.  If you used BPS Custom Code to block your IP address then delete/modify your custom code and save your edits/changes before activating BulletProof Modes.

Unable to login into your website:

1. Use FTP or your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and delete the .htaccess file in your website root folder and the .htaccess file in your wp-admin folder.
    2. Log into your website and Activate all BulletProof Modes. Or if you are removing BPS do steps 3 and 4 under BPS removal steps.

Regarding your website being hacked see this forum topic: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-hacked-wordpress-hack-cleanup-wordpress-hack-repair/  You should assume the worst case scenario that your entire hosting account is compromised/hacked.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.