OIOpublisher Ad Manager – BPS blocking local ads

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free OIOpublisher Ad Manager – BPS blocking local ads

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Art
    Participant

I’m trying out BP Free before purchasing, and have run into a problem.

I use OIO Publisher to manage my local ads. After installing, the ads aren’t displaying — just a white block and the broken image icon. When the ad space is clicked, it displays an error message saying that part of the ad rotation code cannot be found a 404 message that “Nothing found for Advertise Modules Tracker Go.php?id=4” — it looks as if Flash may not be functioning.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Art

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please see this Forum topic link below.  OIOpublisher has its own .htaccess code and needs several files to be whitelisted.
    [old link removed]

Art
    Participant

Thanks for the link, however, I’m a new user and don’t have any idea what lines I need to add where — the thread is confusing because you and the original poster went back and forth several times.

Also, it’s not clear if the changes can be made in the PBP (I went ahead and purchased based on your quick response) interface or they need to be inserted in the .htaccess file manually.

Cheers,

Art

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Updated whitelisting steps:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/oiopublisher/page/2/#post-7982

Yes, I agree it is a very confusing topic and also it does not cover the new BPS Pro Custom Code features.  Additionally OIOpublisher whitelisting is the most complex of any plugin we have come across since multiple whitelist rules need to be created to allow this plugin to do what it needs to do without being blocked by BPS Pro.  We are going through older Forum Topics and updating them with the new Custom Code features/steps, but had not gotten to that Forum topic yet.

[code and steps removed – see link above for the whitelisting steps]

Art
    Participant

OK, made all the changes, and no change — the ads are still not displaying.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Are the Ads directly related to OIOpublisher or is there another plugin involved in displaying the Ads?  Also there is the possibility that the OIOpublisher plugin is doing things differently now.  Things change fast in the coding World.  Since this plugin is the most complicated plugin we have come across to whitelist then instead of going back and forth on this one in the Forum, create a temporary WordPress Admin login to this site and send that login information directly to:  edward [at] ait-pro [dot] com.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Updated whitelisting steps:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/oiopublisher/page/2/#post-7982

Apparently the “advertise” name in the RewriteRule can be customized to whatever you want the name to be.  In this case the OIOpublisher Ad Manager .htaccess code was just “advertise” and not “advertise-here”.

## OIOpublisher Rewrite
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^advertise/(.+)$ wp-content/plugins/oiopub-direct/$1 [L]

It appears that there are additional options in use on your site that were not in use on other sites I have seen that are using OIOpublisher Ad Manager.  Or maybe these are new features in that plugin.

[code and steps removed – see updated steps link above]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.