BPS 404 Error logging code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BPS 404 Error logging code

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    silas88
    Participant

This seems like a really dumb question but as I am getting php errors I need to ask.

I am using the Thematic theme.

The error that I get is…

[12-May-2013 19:39:49 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/user/public_html/mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/thematic/404.php on line 16

That line is

[ <!-- BEGIN COPY CODE - BPS 404 Error logging code -->

I assumed that those BEGIN and END lines should be included also, is that correct?

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, it is fine either way to either copy the entire commented out “BEGIN COPY…” line or not.  I see a square bracket in front of that commented out line of code so maybe that is causing the problem?  Should be just this

<!-- BEGIN COPY CODE - BPS 404 Error logging code -->
    the actual error logging template code
    <!-- END COPY CODE - BPS Error logging code -->
    silas88
    Participant

I don’t know where the square bracket came from, it’s now it my php file at least.

But I think I may have put the code in the wrong place

php /**  * Error 404 Page Template  *  * Displays a "Not Found" message and a search form when a 404 Error is encountered.  *  * @package Thematic  * @subpackage Templates  *  * @link http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Error_404_Page Codex: Create a 404 Page  */
    // calling the header.php  get_header();
    BEGIN COPY CODE - BPS 404 Error logging code
    END COPY CODE - BPS Error logging code
    // action hook for placing content above #container
    thematic_abovecontainer();
    ?>

The call to thematic_abovecontainer and the closing ?> at the end is interrupted by the BPS code.

silas88
    Participant

Well that code didn’t come out the way it was supposed to, but hopefully you get the idea!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If your existing 404.php template file already has opening and closing php tags then you would not want to also include the opening and closing php tags in the BPS security logging template code.  Just copy the actual code in that case without the php opening and closing tags.

silas88
    Participant

Duh! Of course…. I’ll just go and fix that!  🙂
    Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

More coffee.  😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.