BPS Alert! An htaccess file was NOT found in your WordPress wp-admin folder

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BPS Alert! An htaccess file was NOT found in your WordPress wp-admin folder

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can click the Root folder BulletProof Mode Activate button and the wp-admin folder BulletProof Mode button to create new BPS Root and wp-admin htaccess files.  Your new htaccess files will be exactly what they were before the HostGator tech edited the htaccess files.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is O.K.  I told them to change it back to what it was before.  Then I checked the Root htaccess file and it looked the same as before.

Again, thanks for your help

Jeff
    Participant

I installed BPS-Pro an hour ago and noticed a warning message that I’ve not seen on my three other domains that said that my site may not be protected by BPS-PRO.  Like Paul, I get the message about the missing line at the top of the root .htaccess file.  The line is there: BULLETPROOF PRO 14.3 SECURE .HTACCESS.  I turned off ARQ to stop the messages.  I only have two plugins installed and they’ve never given me any trouble in the past: Akismet and Quotes Collection.

I followed the instructions in the error message re: root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate Button and that made no difference.  I guess I’ll have to deactivate BPS PRO for the time being because now I’m getting warning messages that ARQ is turned off.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jeff – Do the steps below.

1. Activate BPS Pro.
    2. Go to the BPS Pro > B-Core > Custom Code tab page > click the Root htaccess File Custom Code accordion tab/button.
    3. Check this Custom Code text box: 1. CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE for this text:  BULLETPROOF PRO 14.3 SECURE .HTACCESS and delete it if you see this text in this Custom Code text box.
    4. Click the Save Root Custom Code button if you found and deleted the text in that Custom Code text box.
    5. Go to the htaccess File Editor tab page and click the Lock htaccess File and Turn On AutoLock buttons.
    6. Go to the Security Modes tab page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Jeff
    Participant

I followed your instructions.  The Custom Code box was empty. I locked the htaccess file, turned on AutoLock and then clicked the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button. 15 minutes went by and I got a ARQ warning message.  I turned on ARQ and BPS promptly started sending me messages about the auto_htaccess file being sent to quarantine.  In other words, nothing has changed.  I’ll deactivate BPS-PRO again and wait for further instructions.  Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jeff – It sounds like something (plugin, theme or something else) is unlocking your Root htaccess file and trying to write to it or more likely do a wp flush rewrite. Use the View option in Quarantine to view the auto_.htaccess file contents, then copy the auto_.htaccess file contents into an email and attach your current live root htaccess file so I can compare them. Email to: info at ait-pro dot com.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.