BPS Alert! No wp-admin htaccess file? GoDaddy

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BPS Alert! No wp-admin htaccess file? GoDaddy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gestug
    Participant

My recently installed GoDaddy hosted, WordPress site, doesn’t seem to have a wp-admin htaccess file. After contacting them, they seem to think it isn’t necessary.

1. Is it necessary?
      1. If so, how can I add one and what should it have in it (i.e. the code)?
      2. If not, how can I get rid of the BPS alert that is on every page of my wordpress dashboard?

Gestug

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I assume you have GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting and not standard/regular GoDaddy hosting correct?  If you have GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting then the wp-admin folder is already locked down by GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting.  So nope you do not need to add/create a wp-admin htaccess file.

We created a special Setup Wizard option for GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting > Setup Wizard > Setup Wizard Options > Go Daddy Managed WordPress Hosting (GDMW) > choose “Yes” > click the Save GDMW Option button > run the Setup Wizard again.

GDMW Hosting Reference Link:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/gdmw/

gestug
    Participant

Thanks a bunch. Sorry I didn’t read your sight good enough to find this. This is working great now 🙂

And this kind of response, we are going pro for all the sites I manage

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The GDMW hosting and wp-admin htaccess file thing is pretty obscure so don’t feel like you should have figured that one out on your own.  Glad its working now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.