Jigoshop – WP Super Cache – wrong store pages

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Jigoshop – WP Super Cache – wrong store pages

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Bea
    Participant

Still trying to track down the cause of our Jigoshop misbehaving. BPS troubleshooting – stops a lot of the unexpected behaviour but there remains some issues like incorrect count returns ie: BPS on = taking users to the wrong store page – BPS off = correct pages Is the an exception rule or something for Jigoshop, have looked but cannot find.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please post specific examples and explain in specific detail what is occurring.  Also do you see any errors for Jigoshop in BPS Security Log?  There were a couple of bugs in Jigoshop about a year ago, but I assume those bugs have been fixed by now.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/jigoshop-cart-and-bps-pro/#post-205

Bea
    Participant

Will look over that post thanks so much. These errors are appearing when folks visit a product

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - September 18, 2013 - 10:27 am <<<<<<<<<<< 
    REMOTE_ADDR: 54.224.159.235 
    Host Name: ec2-54-224-159-235.compute-1.amazonaws.com 
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1 
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP: 
    HTTP_FORWARDED: 
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP: 
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET 
    HTTP_REFERER: 
    REQUEST_URI: /Worksheets/product/guided-readers/my-dad-is 
    QUERY_STRING: 
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/534.55.3         (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.5 Safari/534.55.3

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - September 25, 2013 - 11:03 am <<<<<<<<<<< 
    REMOTE_ADDR: 91.228.167.96 
    Host Name: h3-c03-v.eset.com 
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1 
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP: 
    HTTP_FORWARDED: 
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP: 
    REQUEST_METHOD: 
    GET HTTP_REFERER: http: //www.facebook.com/Gertruda 
    REQUEST_URI: /Worksheets/ 
    QUERY_STRING: 
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.1; Windows XP)
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

These errors do not appear to be related to Jigoshop.  Post the URL’s that are doing this – “…taking users to the wrong store page”.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also what is the “Worksheets” folder?  Is that where Jigoshop is located/installed?

Bea
    Participant

THey are both BPS and Jigo in a subdirectory. If I turn BPS on users are taken to the main site 404 pages… Could it be a subdirectory issue…This has only been happening since the last BPS update (maybe entirely coincidence) am using the standard default magic buttons – it is not a multisite..

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Are you saying the /Worksheets folder is a WordPress website?  If so, then double check that you have clicked the Activate button.  Typically you will see 404 errors when the Activate buttons have not been clicked.  Or if Jigoshop still has the flush_rewrite_rules code problem then after you click the Activate buttons you then need to go to the htaccess File Editor tab page and lock your root .htaccess file to prevent Jigoshop from wiping out the root .htaccess file code repeatedly.

Bea
    Participant

Yes subdirectory folder..
    at this point the 404 are happening when the Activate buttons are enabled….(am using the [obsolete-removed] – not the subdirectory ones because it is not a multisite _ Should I be using the subdomain Activate buttons? )
    When BPS shows this error which it is constantly doing now… then the Jigoshop pages are not being redirected to the 404

Autolock is turned on…
    BPS Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I still do not have enough information to know what the problem is yet.

When I look at your site and click on the Add to Cart button on this page:  /Worksheets/product/my-dad-is/ it takes me to this page:  /Worksheets/my-checkout/

The information I need from you is exact specific examples of what is not working.  Include URL’s and include any/all specific details so that I know what to look at and where the issue is occurring.

I have a feeling the problem is going to be with this folder /product/ and what needs to be done is to create a skip/bypass rule for this folder.  Once you post specific details then I will then know what the problem is.

/Worksheets/product/this-is-my/

Bea
    Participant

Looking through all the info I can find and voila… it is WP SUPER CACHE.. Deleted..  Now BPS is not at this point showing the “you are not protected warning” so is working. Shop is now going to correct pages… Apparently Jigo cannot play with any caching plugin.. Many many thanks again.. If it quirks up will let you know..

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well actually you can probably still use WP Super Cache and will need to go to the WP Super Cache settings page and use the exclude settings/tools box to tell WP Super Cache not to cache whichever Jigoshop pages/posts you do not WP Super Cache to cache.

Bea
    Participant

Thanks again for your super help and your super brain…  🙂 I need more chocolate, coffee or maybe sleep…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

And we used to use WP Super Cache, but had to quit using it because some of our website pages were displaying blank/white page randomly due to posts/page cache getting corrupted randomly.  We are doing a lot of custom things that most other websites are not doing so that may be the reason for the random blank/white/corrupt cached pages.

So that is another reason that you would definitely NOT want WP Super Cache caching any Store pages – just in case. 😉  I would exclude the entire Store from being cached.  ie exclude the /product/ folder if all of your Store pages are under the /product folder.

Also a cart or store is probably going to be using SESSION and/or COOKIES to track users so you would definitely not want to cache cart or store pages for that reason alone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.