BPS Causing Memory Error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BPS Causing Memory Error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lab41
    Participant

I am having a strange error.

I am able to activate the BPS plugin and protect my sites on any sites that are not the root domain on the hosting.

When I activate the plugin on the root domain it immediately gives me a internal memory error for all sites on the hosting. The solution from the hosting company is to add a line of code to set a higher PHP memory limit in the htaaccess file.

I want to know:

1) is there a way to add this memory line to the htaaccess so that BPS doesn’t always overwrite it on an update or activate/deactivation?
    2) why does the plugin cause this memory issue on the root domains only?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS does not normally cause any memory issues or problems since BPS uses very little memory.

What can cause memory issues/problems is if you have invalid htaccess code that is causing continuously redirect looping or your Server or another plugin is already handling error logging and this causes a redirect loop.  Check your Server logs for this error – Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects.

If you see this error in your Server logs then try turning off Security Logging.

You can add custom .htaccess code to BPS Custom Code to save it permanently.  See the Blue Read Me help button on the Custom Code page for how use Custom Code, setup steps, etc.

Lab41
    Participant

Thanks for response.

What’s strange is that it only appears on the root domains on the hosting. The other 5 sites have identical plugins setups, etc, and when I activate on them it’s fine. Only on root domain that the memory issue occurs. (This happens on 4 hosting servers)

i.e I have 4 groups of 6 sites each with different hosts and it happens on all, only on root domain.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Check your Server Log file.  Most likely you will see this error:  Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects.  Post a small number of errors logged for ONLY the root site.  Please do not post your entire Server Log.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.