Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cloud9
    Participant

Not sure why its doing this – no activation link in WP Admin

So I uninstalled BPS and reinstalled it – It now won’t activate and gives

====

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/home/******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php on line 103

====

So I tried to upload it by FTP – that works fine and it then activates BUT then causes a major php error by one of the scripts in mu-plugins – so I have to delete the bps plugin directory and the mu-plugin files (2 x php files) to get the site and admin panel back working again

Would be good to know how to get it working

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder and install the bulletproof-security.zip file using the WordPress Plugin Upload zip installer.  If you see the same fatal error again then do the steps below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/error-installing-bp-pro-after-using-bp-free/#post-117

This is a very common problem that occurs when using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip) for first time installations of BPS Pro (or other plugins as well).

Issue/Problem: Fatal Errors when upgrading from BPS free to BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip).

Solution (short version):  Use FTP or use your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and rename the /bulletproof-security1/ (bulletproof-security2, bulletproof-security3,…) plugin folder name back to just /bulletproof-security/ (removing any numbers that have been appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name by PclZip). Go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Activate link under BulletProof Security Pro plugin. In some cases you may only need to refresh/reload your Browser on the WordPress Plugins page to activate the BPS Pro plugin.

Cloud9
    Participant

Thanks – Although I had tried that – I did it again and it then worked

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.