CyrusOne Hosting – Plugin Firewall needs to be turned Off

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro CyrusOne Hosting – Plugin Firewall needs to be turned Off

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    merlin
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure it makes sense.

If there is no cache and I request a page, it will send the request to the backend where it will process the .htaccess file, which has the whitelist. The resulting cache should have the all the required files with access to them for any future request.

Or am I missing something ?

regards
    Merlin

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

“…No PHP or .htaccess files themselves are actually ever cached. So say the cache on your website testwebsite.com has just been cleared and I request it from IP 1.1.1.1. Because no cache exists on the server for that domain, it’s going to ask for a copy from the backend server and show that IP 1.1.1.1 is requesting it. Now, if my IP (1.1.1.1) is set to say a deny all directive in .htaccess, because it reaches the backend (due to no cache existing) it’s going to refuse to serve me the page….”

Well what you can try that might logically work is to whitelist the additional IP addresses like the same scenario that would be needed in an X forwarded for type of scenario.  You will need to get those IP addresses from your Host since they are internal and not displayed when I check DNS for this website.

You would add those additional IP addresses using the Plugin Firewall >>> Additional Whitelist Tools >>> “Allow from” Whitelist rules tool.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.