BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert for Akismet

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert for Akismet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

Today, I noticed the following message on one of my GoDaddy Managed WordPress sites:

BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert
    A plugin folder was found in your /plugins/ folder that is either a hidden plugin (plugin that is not displayed on the WordPress Plugins page) or an empty plugin folder. You can either delete this folder or if you recognize this folder and/or it is safe to ignore this folder you can ignore this folder check by adding the HPF Ignore Rule shown below in the Ignore Hidden Plugin Folders & Files textarea box option to make this Alert go away.
    Plugin Folder Path: /home/content/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/akismet
    HPF Ignore Rule: akismet
    Last Modified Time: August 3, 2017 @ 4:24 pm
    Last Change Time: August 3, 2017 @ 4:24 pm
    Last Access Time: August 3, 2017 @ 4:24 pm

Can you tell why I would be seeing this? I checked the Akismet plugin folder and it looks the same as the Akismet plugin folders on my other sites.

Thank you!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

My guess would be the /akismet/ plugin folder is empty.  Check the /plugins/akismet/ folder to see if it is empty or not.  If it is empty then delete the empty folder.  Empty plugin folders can occur when you have files open in that folder while you are deleting the folder.  If it is not empty then check the /plugins/akismet/akismet.php file to make sure this is actually the legitimate Akismet plugin.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hm, interesting. Yea, the Akismet plugin folder wasn’t empty and for some reason I got permissions errors when trying to view the akismet.php file and also couldn’t edit the permissions… So, I decided to just delete the Akismet plugin via FTP and reinstall it from the WP Plugins area and then all errors went away 🙂

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.