BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert – suddenly last night, on 20+ sites

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert – suddenly last night, on 20+ sites

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jaiji
    Participant

Hi

I awoke today to find dozens and dozens of these alerts from 20+ sites. Each site has a different ‘rogue’ file e.g. .DS_Store, temp-write-test-1545559805 etc and they seem to be empty files. I’m happy to delete them from what I’ve seen so far, but I’m wondering why the sudden influx?

Jaiji
    Participant

Has this function been beefed up a bit in the latest update?

Jim Byrne
    Participant

I getting the BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert on lots of my sites. Has anyone posted an explanation? I gave me a real fright this morning – and I’ve deleted all the files that were pointed to.

Can I assume this was nothing to worry about?
    Jim

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There was a bug in BPS free that affected the HPF Cron.  So now that the bug has been fixed you are seeing HPF alerts.  Yeah typically nothing to worry about. 9 times out of 10 what HPF detects are orphaned files that should not be directly under the /plugins/ folder or files that are created in the /plugins/ folder by another plugin.  So you just check to make sure the file is not malicious and either delete it or ignore it.

Jaiji
    Participant

Thanks, good to know.

x
    Participant

Seriously, this has just started happening to me as well.

BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert

I copied all the directories listed in “Plugin Folder Path:” on the
    File Options page. I added a comma and space between each directory and saved.
    I’m still getting multiple emails every hour since doing this.

What am I missing?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ x – copy all of your HPF ignore rules and post them in your forum reply so I can take a look at them.

x
    Participant

colorhub, be-gdpr, cufon-fonts, typehub, oshine-core

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ x – Those ignore rules look correct.  I just tested HPF on a test site and I did not find any bugs. Make sure there are no line breaks or extra whitespace in the Ignore Hidden Plugin Folders & Files text box.  If you would like for me to check your site then send a WP Administrator login to > info at ait-pro dot com.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.