BPS plugin alert unrecognized/non-standard WP file was found in your /plugins/

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BPS plugin alert unrecognized/non-standard WP file was found in your /plugins/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Delaney
    Participant

Hi
    I have received an alert from my BPS plugin to say
    An unrecognized/non-standard WP file was found in your /plugins/ folder. This file may be a hacker file or contain hacker code. If you recognize this file and/or it is safe to ignore this file you can ignore this file check by adding the HPF Ignore Rule shown below in the Ignore Hidden Plugin Folders & Files textarea box option to make this Alert go away.
    File Path: /home/cpimz05xpwgz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/envato-market.zip
    HPF Ignore Rule: envato-market.zip

How do I know if it is safe and, if it isn’t how do I delete it please?
    Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

zip files should not be stored/saved in your /plugins/ folder.  Typically when you see a zip file in your /plugins/ folder it is left behind after doing a zip file extraction to install a plugin.  The zip file name is the correct name for the Envato Market WordPress Plugin.  You can safely delete it or just add an HPF ignore rule for that zip file.

Delaney
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.  I’m sorry to ask this basic question (I’m not a developer) but where do I go to delete the file please?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can either use an FTP application like WinSCP, FileZilla, etc. or login to your web host control panel and use the File Manager tool to view/delete folders and files.

handsunc
    Participant

Do we have to turn off AutoRestore to delete the file/folder if we have already “Ignored” the file in Hidden Files|Folders. It’s my understanding that when we turn off Auto restore and delete some folders/files through cpanel or ftp, we have to also either rerun setup or manually delete backup Files and then create them again. That is a time consuming process so I wanted to know if simply deleting is an option once I have “Ignored” Thanks!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ handsunc – For any folders or files in the /wp-content/plugins/ folder you do not need to use the “AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Procedural Steps” > http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

handsunc
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification!! Helps a lot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.