Bps Pro 15.3 Update Appears to Be Exporting Various Logs “Prematurely”

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Bps Pro 15.3 Update Appears to Be Exporting Various Logs “Prematurely”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hello,

I was recently starting to update all of our WordPress sites with the new BPS Pro 15.3 update but, after updating several sites, I started to notice that various BPS Pro logs (e.g., Security, PHP Error, Quarantine, DB Backup) were getting exported from each of those sites suddenly. From what I could tell, they were getting exported and emailed to us “prematurely” (i.e., they hadn’t reached the log size that they would usually need to before getting emailed to us).

This isn’t something that’s happened to us before, and as far as we can tell, we haven’t made any significant changes to those sites or our hosting environment. So I wanted to write here to ask if this is an issue you’re aware of or if this is only happening to us? If it is only us, do you have any idea why this might be happening? We’ve stopped updating the plugin for the rest of our sites for now as we would like to see what’s going on before continuing.

Thank you,
    Living Miracles

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The automated log file handling code is working fine on all of my sites and I don’t see any issues with the code.  Did you see this problem happen only once or more than once when updating to BPS Pro 15.3? ie is the problem happening repeatedly or just once? Are you doing anything with WordPress Cron jobs? ie disabling WordPress Crons?  Do you have any other plugins installed that do anything with WordPress standard Crons?  Do you have Direct Cron jobs setup in your hosting control panel?

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thanks for reviewing and confirming that the problem is not occurring for anyone else.

After looking into this a little more closely, the problem happened on every site except one, and it was usually at least the Security Log that got exported and emailed. Sometimes one or more of the following logs were exported and emailed as well on a site (no pattern that I can really determine from it): ARQ, DB Backup, DB Monitor, MScan, and PHP Error. But the same type of log on the same site didn’t get exported twice, so in that sense, it is a one-time issue so far.

We are disabling WordPress Crons on most of these sites and have Cron Jobs at set intervals set up in our hosting control panel instead on those sites. Although, two of the sites that this problem occurred on don’t have WordPress Crons disabled. From what I can tell, I believe about five of the same plugins that are installed across these sites appear to use Crons.

Please let me know if you need any more information. Hopefully, this helps in resolving this problem that at least we are experiencing.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Since this is an isolated/specific problem to your websites that is not repetitious/ongoing or occurring for anyone else then I think the best approach is to do a “wait and see” thing.  Logically it could be something like your hosting account Cron jobs were triggered around the same time. ie some kind of delayed thing that made it appear that something was occurring at a particular moment when in fact it was a “stored/delayed” event.  I could be wrong of course, but keep me posted if this problem occurs again.  The automated log file processing is not that critical.  It falls under the procedural category vs a security category.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.