BPS Pro conflict with Caldera Forms

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Pro conflict with Caldera Forms

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    protection
    Participant

I’m using BPS Pro 13.7, WP 5.0. When I have BPS pro enabled, my site hangs when Caldera Forms is enabled. I isolated the problem to these two plugins. When I disable BPS pro, Caldera Forms runs fine. I tried turning off various parts of BPS pro (i.e. plugin firewall, ARQ) to better isolate the problem, but I can’t seem to pinpoint why the conflict might be happening. Any known issues with Caldera forms?

protection
    Participant

FYI, I went through the troubleshooting steps as recommended here, but even with all of those disabled I’m still having problems. It’s only when I deactivate Caldera forms and/or BPS Pro that my site doesn’t hang.

I also tried reinstalling Caldera Forms and upgrading to WordPress 5.0.1, but no luck.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

By your description it sounds like there may be a direct code conflict of some sorts. The only other logical thing I can think of is that the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall is causing the problem.  Try deactivating the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall and let me know what happens.  If that does not get things working in Caldera Forms then send me an Admin login to this site:  info at ait-pro dot com.

protection
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestion, but I tried that already with no luck.

I do think that I found the culprit though, but I’m cautiously optimistic. The Caldera Forms Pro plugin is making multiple callbacks per page to an external URL (for logging). When I disconnect my API Key (login) info, it doesn’t make those callbacks and my site seems to load normally.

I’m going to sit on this for the time being and wait to hear back from Caldera Forms. I’ll update you once I get more info back.

Thanks again for an awesome plugin!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well I think it might be better if I take a look at this thing.  Ie years and years of doing this stuff just makes it quicker to figure out the problem and then probably a solution. 😉 Send me the login info and I’ll hopefully figure this out quickly.  😉

protection
    Participant

Hi there –

I appreciate your willingness to help!

The culprit is definitely Caldera Forms and not BPS Pro. CF made an update to their plugin to address this.

Thanks again for everything and please go ahead and close this out 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.