in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /bps-pro-mu-tools.php on line 123

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /bps-pro-mu-tools.php on line 123

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

Starting yesterday, /wp-admin/php_errorlog files have been getting quarantined on two of my SiteGround-hosted WordPress sites due to BPS Pro-related errors. See below:

Site 1: acim.biz

[14-May-2017 04:37:04 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/miracle6/acim.biz/httpdocs/wp-content/mu-plugins/bps-pro-mu-tools.php on line 123
    [14-May-2017 04:37:05 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/miracle6/acim.biz/httpdocs/wp-content/mu-plugins/bps-pro-mu-tools.php on line 123
    [14-May-2017 20:11:03 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/miracle6/acim.biz/httpdocs/wp-content/mu-plugins/bps-pro-mu-tools.php on line 123

Site 2: acim.me

[14-May-2017 01:17:56 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/miracle6/acim.me/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/bps-pro-mu-tools.php on line 123
    [14-May-2017 16:50:44 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/miracle6/acim.me/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/bps-pro-mu-tools.php on line 123

Can you tell what they are and why they are occurring?

Thanks!
    Jutta

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Code line 123 checks if the BPS Pro plugin is active or not.  Not sure why you are seeing a php error there.  I will do some testing to see if I can reproduce the php error on a test site.  What type of site is this:  Standard/Single or Network/Multisite.  The php error is not critical and can be ignored.  To prevent your host’s default php error log files from being quarantined, create ARQ single file exclude rules for any files that you do not want ARQ IDPS to check or autorestore/quarantine – click this link for the steps to do that: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi, thanks. Both sites where this error is occurring  are standard/single WordPress installations.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm odd.  Yeah I don’t have any idea why you are seeing that php error.  I was thinking this had to do with Network/Multisite.  So anyway go ahead and create your ARQ single file exclude rules for your host’s default php error log files.

Living Miracles
    Participant

This is now happening on another site, awakening-mind.org, as well. Same error:

[15-May-2017 02:37:33 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/miracle6/awakening-mind.org/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/bps-pro-mu-tools.php on line 123

Just feel to mention that all of these sites are on the same SiteGround Cloud hosted server. We manage many other WordPress sites that all have BPS Pro installed, but those on this particular server are the only ones reporting this error.

You still don’t feel that there’s anything to be concerned about and it would be best to just exclude this error log from ARQ? Do you feel there would be any reason to not exclude this error log from ARQ? Just wondering, since it is an error log… seems like maybe we’d want to be aware of any errors that may be happening. Appreciate your input!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What I am guessing is the problem on your particular sites/configuration/setup/etc. is something is interfering with the BPS Pro MU Tools file/code at code line 123 and incorrectly processing that particular code.  You would absolutely want to exclude your server’s default php error logs even if these php errors were not occurring.  Excluding default server php errors logs is a very common procedural issue that should be done in any/every case when that issue happens.  Excluding the server’s php error logs from being checked by ARQ means that the default server php error logs will not be interfered with by ARQ.  ie do not check for any changes in those default server php error log files so that they will not be repeatedly autorestored/quarantined by ARQ.

So anyway what the BPS Pro MU Tools must-use plugin does are these things:  Checks if the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder has been renamed or deleted.  Checks if the BPS Pro plugin has been deactivated.  These are additional checks that can actually be disabled by going to your WordPress Plugins page > Must-Use link > click the Disable Action Link under the BPS Pro MU Tools must-use plugin.  In other words, these checks are not critical or essential and are optional.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thanks so much for all that information! I’ll be excluding those log files from ARQ then and will keep the BPS Pro MU Tools enabled. I like those features it offers! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.