BPS Pro 9.0 General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Pro 9.0 General Questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Moon
    Participant

Thanks for the update Ed.

I was sorry to see the set up wizard has disappeared in v9, I found it a time saver, why has to been taken down?

Would also like to adjust settings for the DB monitor email response, am tired of getting emails every couple of minutes and would like to set a frequency rate for sending emails. Where can I do that?

regards,
    Chris Moon

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro 9.0 is a major version release and major structural and menu changes were made.  BPS Pro 9.0 has 3 top level Main menus now.  The Setup Wizard is under the new Setup Main Menu.  Go to the new Logs & Info Main Menu and click on the Whats New submenu or click this link below to see all the new changes / Whats New in BPS Pro 9.0.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-version-release-dates/

See the DB Monitor Guide or click the DB Monitor Read Me help button for how to setup the DB Monitor.  The help section to look at is:  How to Choose Between Table Size & Update Time in the Dynamic DB Form

Database Monitor – DBM IDS Guide
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/database-monitor-dbm-guide/

There is no frequency rate of emails.  You are sent 1 email when a database change is detected.  So what needs to be done is either choose what and when you want to be notified.  If you still have questions after reading the help info on the DB Monitor page or the DBM Guide let me know and I will let you know which DB Monitor settings are what you are looking for and which to change.

Chris Moon
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time to answer Ed I’ve had BPS Pro for about 3 years and still feel overwhelmed by all the features.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, BPS Pro is basically 20-30 plugins all rolled into 1 plugin or a website Security Suite is another way of looking at BPS Pro these days.  What is interesting to note is that the very first versions of BPS Pro were more time consuming to setup and use.  ie BPS Pro 5.0 took more time to setup and use than BPS Pro 9.0.  The reason for that difference is of course the increased & improved automation in all later versions of BPS Pro.  BPS Pro is also doing some very advanced stuff that you will not find in any other security plugins, but we do not release anything new in BPS Pro until it is completely user friendly, easy to use, maximum automation and manageable for the average user.  That of course requires massive additional coding work on our part.

Another interesting note is this.  Typically when I install a new plugin I spend 30 minutes to 2 hours getting familiar with all of that new plugin’s capabilities, settings, etc.  I don’t think the average user would spend that much time, but I like to know how everything works and all the capabilities of a plugin.  Anyway my point is this – even though BPS Pro is equivalent to 20-30 WordPress plugins, the total time in setting up and using BPS Pro is amazingly quick relative to everything that is included in BPS Pro.  It takes me about 3 – 10 minutes to setup BPS Pro on another person’s web host/website using the Wizards and then doing any additional stuff that needs to be done.  I am of course very familiar with any/all of the possible unique situations/scenarios that could occur so when BPS Pro displays a message like “X needs to be done” I just do X without thinking twice about it on that particular web host/website.

Another interesting note:  I think I have used about 1/10 of all the options/settings in most of my Microsoft applications and will probably never use most of the other options and settings in my Microsoft apps.  BPS Pro automatically sets up default settings on installation/wizards, but individual BPS Pro features can be turned on, off, not used or more advanced options and settings can be chosen. My point is that BPS Pro follows that general kind of logic that is used with other larger applications that contain massive amounts of options, settings, features, etc.  Start with default settings/options (automatically setup by the Wizards on new installations – automatically setup new features during BPS Pro upgrades) and then make it simple and easy for folks to choose to use or not use something or turn things on or off or to do more advanced stuff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.