UpdraftPlus Plugin backup files quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro UpdraftPlus Plugin backup files quarantined

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Maloney
    Participant

I installed the Updraft Plus plugin, as soon as I clicked the Backup Now button, I started receiving BPS Pro quarantine notification, and kept receiving them every three minutes. Is there a way to make the Updraft Plus plugin friendly with BPS?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/

I have disabled the plugin for now and the BPS notifications have stopped.

Thanks for your help,
    -Dennis Maloney

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You just need to create an AutoRestore folder exclude rule for the UpdraftPlus Plugin backup folder so that AutoRestore will not check your UpdraftPlus Plugin backups.  See this forum topic for the steps to do that > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/quarantine-can-be-a-pain-in-the-butt/#post-12953

Jeff
    Participant

I have the same issue, except it is with UpdraftPlus, the premium version.  Not that that should matter.  I followed the instructions in the link you provided and BPS Pro immediately started sending me quarantine messages again.  I repeated the steps and noted that I already have (apparently by default) the mu-plugins (what’s that? – I don’t have an “mu-plugin”) and just plain plugins.  Those folders are listed on the page and removing mu-plugins and updating does no good.

So what’s going on?  Do I have to turn ARQ off every time I do a backup with UpdraftPlus?

Jeff

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jeff – You do have an mu-plugins folder here:  /wp-content/mu-plugins/.  You do not need to do anything with that AutoRestore folder exclude rule.  Check the UpdraftPlus plugin settings for the name of the backup folder you are using for UpdraftPlus.  Then create your AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule using the UpdraftPlus backup folder name.  Very Important:  Do not add any forward or backward slashes.  Example:  /backup-folder-name/ – this is incorrect/invalid.  backup-folder-name – this is correct because no slashes were used before or after the backup folder name.

Jeff
    Participant

Thanks for telling me about mu-plugins – I didn’t see that when I was uploading with FileZilla.  I solved my UpdraftPlus issue – I deactivated it and deleted it.  It’s too complicated and I had already spent 2.5 hours creating a backup that was only 1/3 complete.  I bought Duplicator Pro, which has the ability to schedule a complete website backup and notify me when it is complete via e-mail, much as BPS-Pro does, except (correct me if I’m wrong) BPS-Pro only does database backups, not complete website backups.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jeff – Yep, you are correct that BPS Pro only does DB Backups and not file backups.  Glad you found a working solution. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.