Unable to save wp-content files in ARQ

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to save wp-content files in ARQ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul D.
    Participant

http: //oi40.tinypic.com/r93ozc.jpg

I tried saving, resaving, refreshing and deleting for the nth time, but it still shows that red message. Any workaround for this ?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Have you excluded wp-content folders from being backed up by ARQ?

Example:  If you exclude all wp-content folders (plugins, themes, etc) from being backed up and checked by ARQ then ARQ will not back those files up or check them.  If the problem was related to a permission problem on your website then you would be seing error messages that ARQ is not able to backup files due to a permission problem.  If you are excluding the themes folder then remove that exclude rule and backup the wp-content files again.

Paul D.
    Participant

Thanks, that worked.  First time I encountered it. I have plugins and themes excluded by ARQ. I removed themes from ARQ exclusion and I am able to save wp-content files. I normally exclude plugins and themes and have no problems about it before.

Theme in question is http: //themeforest.net/item/avada-responsive-multipurpose-theme/2833226 .

I also have some issues with excluding this framework in one of our sites : http: //info.template-help.com/help/december-12-2012-wordpress-themes-got-revamped-cherry-framework.html

Would you recommend not excluding themes / framework  in ARQ ?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well actually there was not really a problem besides that the check needs to be changed.  The check is only finding 2 files in backup and the current check looks for 4 files minimum or will display that warning/error.  You can actually disregard the warning/error message as long as the /wp-content/index.php file is one of the 2 files that is currently backed up, otherwise an ARQ Cron FailSafe will kick in for the wp-content folder.  One way to “jimmy” this for now is to upload a couple of random files to the /wp-content folder.  Example:  Create 2 text files – 1 named example1.txt and the other example2.txt and click the wp-content Backup Files button.

I don’t understand the questions that you are asking about the themes.

Paul D.
    Participant

ahhh .. 4 files minimum .. so that’s why. I will try that “jimmy” thing out. Thanks for the tip !

Nevermind the framework and theme question. I thought it’s the framework or theme that’s causing BPS Pro not to save wp-content files.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope, actually the backup worked as you found out.  It is just one of those things where we felt that checking for a minimum of 4 files in the wp-content backup folder would definitely indicate that a wp-content backup had been performed.  The check needs have additional conditions.  The ARQ Cron FailSafe check on the otherhand looks for the /wp-content/index.php file only.  If the FailSafe does not find the index.php file in backup then it automatically kills the AutoRestore Cron check for the wp-content folder.  So the check on the AutoRestore page needs to be:  if 4 files exist in backup OR the index.php file exists in backup.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.