Brute Force Login Attacks: unable to login after move

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Brute Force Login Attacks: unable to login after move

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bill
    Participant

Hello, AITpro.

I recently moved to a new address. In doing so, I had my internet services reactivated at the new address this afternoon. Once activated, I haven’t been able to access any of my websites login pages due to the very cool and efficient BPS Brute Force Login Protection code in the .htaccess per site…. I’m being sent to the 403 Forbidden page. Please advise when your schedule permits… Thanks.

Edit: It looks like my IP Address has been changed.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

FTP to your website and delete your root .htaccess file so you can login to your website and then change all/any IP Addresses to their new IP addresses in the Brute Force Login Protection code.  I assume the code is saved in Custom Code so edit it in the Custom Code text box, save your changes and go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button. If you are not sure what your new IP address is you will find that on the BPS System Info page.

bill
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I’m having a difficult time with the instructions because my quarantine keeps catching it ea. time I delete or even alter the file’s IP information (as an alternative)…. Its set to 1 minute.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Rename the /bulletproof-security plugin folder, then delete the root .htaccess file and login, once your logged in rename the /bulletproof-security plugin folder back to its original name.

bill
    Participant

Got it.
    Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.