BuddyPress hide Admin Bar

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BuddyPress hide Admin Bar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hey I am trying to edit my functions.php but I think it might be locked by BPS?
    I dunno..

Also if you have a minute Edward I would really appreciate your help although it is not in the scope of your support but if you have a minute just to mess around.  I don’t have anyone else who can really help me but I need to add buddypress dynamic links to my theme menu.  Going to shut that top wordpress bar and just have them use menu links instead.  I found this code and I am trying to add it to functions.php
    but I am not sure if it will do what I want it to..

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS would not block your Theme’s functions.php file.  If you have some code in your functions.php file that is generating a 403 error then that error will be logged in your BPS Security Log.  Please post the error directly related to your functions.php file if you see one.  Most likely you will not see any errors.  What can occur if you are editing your Theme’s functions.php file while AutoRestore/Quarantine is turned On is that your functions.php file will be sent to Quarantine.  You should turn Off AutoRestore any time you are editing / modifying files on your website.

To hide the Admin Bar see the link below.

http://codex.buddypress.org/developer/theme-development/modifying-the-buddypress-admin-bar/hiding-the-buddypress-admin-bar/

Regarding adding dynamic menu links I do not completely understand what you are asking and trying to do.  Since menus are already displayed in BuddyPress then what additional menu links are you trying to add?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Reply:

The functions.php I will have to check and try again but it seemed locked for some reason.. auto restore was set to off
    I was thinking maybe there might be .htaccess file is the theme directory?

Ok, the buddypress menu thing.. no I wanted to hide the wordpress bar and just use my themes main menu for all menu options but unfortunately
    with buddypress you can not just easily add items for profiles, settings and forums > topics started.. etc so I was searching for a way for get the buddypress menu items into my theme menu and not use the wordpress bar. I realize this is off topic but I searched and searched and just could not find any info on how to use these so called “dynamic links”.
    So for example if I disable the wordpress bar right now the only way users can get options on the front end is to go to the members section find and click on their name.
    Obviously this is a silly way to have things.. “dynamic links” + buddypress, the info just seems down right elusive even on their official support forums..

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

First off yes it is difficult to find exactly what you are looking for in regards to BuddyPress.  I believe this is because there is so much information available.  You have to completely and fully understand the right BuddyPress question to search for otherwise you will never find the answer that you are looking for.

I think what you want to do can be done by creating standard WordPress Pages and using the WordPress Appearance >>> Menu page to structure your Navigation menus.

First go to WordPress Settings >>> BuddyPress >>> Pages and set and save your main BuddyPress Menu pages.

Activity
    Members
    Register
    Activate

Then create additional Pages in WordPress the normal way you would do this.  These will be your menu tabs/pages.  For example if you want to create a Contact page then create a page called “Contact”.  You can then order and structure your menu pages by using the WordPress Appearance >>> Menu page.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Reply:

No that’s not it either lol, that is what I am saying I have done all of that already the links I am referring to, “dynamically” have their usernames inserted into links like:
    notarealwebsite.com/members/username51/profile/
    the links are not static and I don’t know how to call these functions so this makes it so you really difficult you can not do this with the normal add to wordpress menu since it needs the username..
    I really want them to be able to have a menu at least to their profile.. from there they can see other options but it would also be nice to include “settings” below the profile menu in a drop down..
    you may think there is a lot of buddypress info out there and there is but not so much about these dynamic links and how we can add them to our main theme menu’s
    If you use buddypress at all you will see the links I am referring to on the wordpress bar to the upper right when logged in.. “profile” and “settings”

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then I can’t help you with that since I have never messed with this in BuddyPress.  Post in the BuddyPress Forum and they should be able to help you.

http://buddypress.org/support/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.