Revolution Slider – unable to edit css

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Revolution Slider – unable to edit css

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hindssites
    Participant

I am trying to edit the css for a text layer in Revolution Slider and Bullet Proof Pro blocks it. The only way I know around this at this point is to deactivate Bullet Proof. How can I keep Bullet Proof activated and still make edits in Revolution Slider?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Are you editing a file?  Describe exactly how you are editing the css code.

hindssites
    Participant

In Revolution Slider you create a text layer. Once that text layer is selected, there is a drop down list for different styles you can apply to the text such that the text could be bold and black or yellow and small. There is a option to edit that text by click on the “Edit Style” button. I can change the css code but Bullet Proof will not allow the change to take effect.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have BPS Pro 10.5 installed?  There was a bug in 10.4 that would do something like that that was fixed in 10.5.  Are you seeing any Security Log entries in your Security Log for Revolution Slider?

hindssites
    Participant

Yes, there is a security alert for it. I should of thought of looking there.
    /wp-content/plugins/revslider/rs-plugin/css/captions.php?rand=46321

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Deactivate the Plugin Firewall.  If the Revolution css editor works then create this Plugin Firewall whitelist rule:  /revslider/rs-plugin/css/captions.php in the Plugin Firewall whitelist text area.

Plugin Firewall Manual Setup Steps
    1. Copy and paste plugin scripts/whitelist rules to the Plugins Script|File Whitelist Text Area.
    2. Click the Save Whitelist Options button.
    3. Turn AutoPilot Mode On.
    4. Click the Plugin Firewall BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Each plugin script/file path that you add MUST be separated by a comma and a space. Example: /some-example-plugin/api/paypal-ipn-script.php, /another-example-plugin/some-example-script.php. The path name starts with the plugin folder name (do not add /wp-content in the path name). After manually adding your script/file name path to the Plugins Script|File Whitelist Text Area you would then click the Save Whitelist Options button to save your Whitelist data to your database and click the Plugin Firewall BulletProof Mode Activate button.

hindssites
    Participant

Thank you. That worked perfectly.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming that worked.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.