IP.Board Forum – unable to post new Forum Topic 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free IP.Board Forum – unable to post new Forum Topic 403 error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SlimJimbo

Hi, I’ve installed BulletProof Securiy on my server. I also have a forum run by IP Forum software. Users are unable to post- they get the following error message:
    “ForbiddenYou don’t have permission to access /yabbse/index.php on this server.Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”
    When I restore my .htaccess file to the settings I had before installing BullProof Security it works fine; so the problem seems to be related to the settings in the .htaccess file.
    I’d appreciate your help with this. Thanks.
    Here are few entries in the log file related to the forum:

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - February 27, 2013 - 11:37 am <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 81.134.123.166
    Host Name: 81.134.123.166
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP: 
    HTTP_FORWARDED: 
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP: 
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: 
    REQUEST_URI: /yabbse/index.php?s=18815511c51a24b92e4cc515096afbda&app=forums&module=extras§ion=forward&url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nbGFzZ293d2VzdGVuZC5jby51ay95YWJic2UvaW5kZXgucGhwPy90b3BpYy84ODQ0LWEtcG90dGVkLWhpc3Rvcnktb2YtbXktZW1wbG95bWVudC8,&title=A+potted+history+of+my+employment...
    QUERY_STRING: 
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: iGooMap/2.x +(http://www.pointworks.de/)

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - February 27, 2013 - 9:08 am <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 62.25.106.209
    Host Name: gateway-101.energis.gsi.gov.uk
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP: 
    HTTP_FORWARDED: 
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP: 
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: REQUEST_URI: /yabbse/public/min/index.php?ipbv=44260ba0ffc9a5450027afa3bdd753fd&charset=iso-8859-1&f=public/js/ipb.js,cache/lang_cache/1/ipb.lang.js,public/js/ips.hovercard.js,public/js/ips.quickpm.js,public/js/ips.board.js
    QUERY_STRING: 
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;)

Jim

SlimJimbo

I’ve reset my .htaccess to the old version in the meantime so that people can post to my forum.
    Thanks,
    Jim

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Is the software called IP.Board Forum software and created by Invision Power?  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Since this is a 3rd party application outside of WordPress you would use one of these 3rd party application fixes here:

http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2252/bulletproof-security-plugin-support/checking-plugin-compatibility-with-bps-plugin-testing-to-do-list/#Custom-PHP-Applications-Outside-WordPress

Example:

Find this code in your root htaccess file...

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

...and add this code directly right after the code above...

# RewriteRule for Custom Apps outside of WP
    RewriteRule ^yabbse/ - [L]

SlimJimbo

Yes that’s correct. Thanks very much! Much appreciated. 🙂
    Jim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.