BulletProof Security Pro Compatibility Check-Upgrading From BPS Free to BPS Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BulletProof Security Pro Compatibility Check-Upgrading From BPS Free to BPS Pro

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Before purchasing BulletProof Security Pro please install BulletProof Security Free and run the Setup Wizard.  If you experience compatibility problems with BPS free then BPS Pro will not be compatible with your Server type.

If your website is already hacked before installing BPS Pro, then BPS Pro will not automatically clean up your website nor can any other plugin automatically clean up a hacked website (they will probably find the obvious hacker files/code, but will never find the hidden hacker backdoor files/code).  Click this link > WordPress hack cleanup steps to clean up your hacked website/hosting account.  Luckily cleaning up a hacked hosting account is very quick and simple to do.

Compatible with PHP Server Versions:
    PHP 5.x, PHP 7.x, PHP 8.x

Compatible Hosting/Host Server Types:
    Types: Shared, VPS, Dedicated, Managed, Colocation, In-house
    Types: Apache, Linux, Nginx, LiteSpeed, Windows (Windows IIS)

Web Host Compatibility Check – BPS Pro is compatible with all web hosts worldwide (350,000+).
    Aruba.it Hosting requires additional BPS Pro setup steps:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/aruba-it-hosting-special-requirements-for-bps-pro-installation-and-setup/

Plugin/Theme Compatibility
    BPS Pro and the JobRoller Theme: are not compatible with each other.  If you are using the JobRoller Theme then find an alternative security plugin.  See this Forum Topic for more information:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/jobroller-theme-emails-not-working-captcha-not-working-login-security-not-working/

BPS Pro and the Auction Theme by SiteMile:  Mostly compatible, but js and css scripts and styles are hard/forced loaded by the Auction Theme, which causes problems for BPS Pro JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker jQuery UI Tooltip and the BPS Pro plugin pages do not display visually correct.  See this Forum Topic for more information:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/auction-theme-by-sitemile-jtc-jquery-tooltip-not-working-css-and-js-not-displaying-correctly/

BPS Pro and the Hide My WP Ghost plugin are compatible with each other.  BPS Pro and the Hide My WP plugin may not be compatible with each other.  I am unable to test the Hide My WP plugin since it is a premium/paid plugin.  Note: BPS Pro has not been tested with the Hide My WP plugin in several years.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by AITpro Admin.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by AITpro Admin.
    Samir
    Participant

Hi

Would you please specify an alternative to “Hide My WP” plugin for hiding the WP, theme and plugin identities?

We need to use your plugin and still having “Hide My WP” functionalities

Thanks in advace

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have the BPS or BPS Pro plugin installed?  If you have BPS Pro installed then you would not need to have the Hide My WP plugin installed or any other WordPress security plugins installed.  BPS Pro is a complete website security solution for hacker and spammer protection.  With that said, what functionality in the Hide My WP plugin do you think you need?  If that functionality is something that we would consider real website security functionality then we can add it to the BPS and BPS Pro plugins.  What I mean by “real” website security functionality is that “hiding” is a form of obfuscation and not actually really website security, but does have the beneficial aspect of preventing some random Bots from finding a WordPress website.  Most Bots will still know that your site is a WordPress site since we believe it is not really possible to completely “hide” the fact that a WordPress site is a WordPress site.

Laurențiu
    Participant

What I mean by “real” website security functionality is that “hiding” is a form of obfuscation and not actually really website security, but does have the beneficial aspect of preventing some random Bots from finding a WordPress website.

I do agree that security through obscurity should never be your main protection. However, since many attacks are done by bots, I still think that using it as additional protection is a pretty good idea. Although BulletProof Security is an excellent plugin, as long as it has no negative effects and doesn’t involve much work, it can’t hurt to add some additional security by using a plugin like Hide My WP or WP Hide & Security Enhancer.

Please note that WordPress already allows to move the wp-content, plugins and uploads directories by changing the default constants in wp-config.php. It doesn’t do everything that the above mentioned plugins do, but at least something. This works great with BulletProof Security, with the exception of a small bug https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/hidden-plugin-folder-hpf-shows-alerts-for-all-files-in-the-plugins-folder-if-folder-is-renamed/ in the Pro version that will be fixed in the next update.

BPS Pro and the Hide My WP plugin: are not compatible with each other.  Most BPS Pro features are broken by the Hide My WP plugin.

I’m just wondering, what about WP Hide & Security Enhancer? It seems to offer even more features than the free version of Hide My WP.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Laurențiu – If the plugin is compatible with BPS Pro then the choice to use it or not is entirely up to you.

Kevin Peter
    Participant

The Information You have provided is very useful. We hope to See more of this Content from You!.

Rosalind Share
    Participant

I use your Pro version. Very happy! I came across the 8G firewall by Jeff Starr and wondered your thoughts on adding it. I trust your judgement, not mine!

Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Rosalind > The 8G firewall htaccess code has a lot of good stuff in it, but be aware that it will block a lot more things.  So if something legitimate is being blocked then troubleshooting the issue will be more complicated.  If something legitimate is being blocked by the 8G firewall htaccess code then you would need to remove or comment out sections of the 8G firewall htaccess code to figure out which section of the 8G firewall htaccess code is causing the issue.

Rosalind Share
    Participant

Thank you so much for your speedy response.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.