Can not activate plugin due to fatal error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Can not activate plugin due to fatal error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Hello

I had originally installed bullet proof free but purchased bullet proof pro. Listened to the Vid and read documentation. I uninstalled the free version, installed the pro version using the wordpress upload but when I try to activate the pro version I am getting the error message that: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error. Could you please advise what I need to do to get this active?

Warning: require_once(/removed/removed/removed/Jacmus.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /removed/removed/removed/Jacmus.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php on line 75
    Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Ah, I found the error.  i had downloaded two copies… the second copy renamed itself (1) so one of the folders also took on this format when I uploaded and unzipped the file.  Its working okay now – well learning how to set it up.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I keep meaning to add this issue/problem to the Forum documentation.  Good job on figuring this one out.  Thank you for confirming that you have the issue sorted out.  😉

Charles Pedley
    Participant

I also have been having the fatal error for some time now and just have not taken time to solve it as there is always something else more critical to do it seems.

So today was the day.

Warning: require_once(/home/church80/public_html/churchfurniturecanada/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/church80/public_html/churchfurniturecanada/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-3/bulletproof-security.php on line 68

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/church80/public_html/churchfurniturecanada/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/church80/public_html/churchfurniturecanada/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-3/bulletproof-security.php on line 68
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/error-installing-bp-pro-after-using-bp-free/#post-117

This is a very common problem that occurs when using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip) for first time installations and re-installations of BPS Pro (or other plugins as well).

Issue/Problem: Fatal Errors when upgrading from BPS free to BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip).

Solution (short version):  Use FTP or use your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and rename the /bulletproof-security1/ (bulletproof-security2, bulletproof-security3,…) plugin folder name back to just /bulletproof-security/ (removing any numbers that have been appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name by PclZip). Go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Activate link under BulletProof Security Pro plugin. In some cases you may only need to refresh/reload your Browser on the WordPress Plugins page to activate the BPS Pro plugin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.