Can not change MySQL User, Password or WP Key

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Can not change MySQL User, Password or WP Key

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    INeedWordPress
    Participant

I installed BulletProof a few months ago, and every quarter I routinely change all passwords, including MySQL DB Users and the WordPress key. Since installing BulletProof I seem to be unable to implement those changes to the wp-config file. I just get a blank page as if the MySQL user is not recognized or something.

Do I need to modify these entries someplace else now that I am using BulletProof?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS does not block you from editing your wp-config.php file.  The only thing that BPS does regarding the wp-config.php file is BPS protects it from being accessed directly via a Browser/HTTP (not FTP).

What you should check is this:

Have you locked your wp-config.php file with file permissions other than 644 file permissions.  If so, then change the file permissions back to 644 to be able to edit your wp-config.php file.

Also are you changing your MySQL password in phpMyAdmin in your Host Control panel before changing your password in your wp-config.php file?  You MUST do both things.  phpMyAdmin allows you to access and edit your WordPress database to change your WordPress database password.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.