images not loading

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro images not loading

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    handsunc
    Participant

Hello, I had to clean up an entire hosting account this week, all went very well, according to your excellent instructions!

Only 1 problem came out of it, which I cannot seem to figure out.

On this site when I uploaded the uploads folder, https://tucamp.org/ the images will not show, they are not visible in the Media Library either, but when I re-downloaded and unzipped the uploads folder, all the images are there.  First I checked Permissions, this brought up a whole new topic, all my upload folders in that server have permissions of 777, and to change them in cpanel, I can’t change to 755, because the Permissions menu looks like this, https://app.screencast.com/DIZPcPU7PECDQ, so 744 is the closest I can get to 755.

So two questions, sorry for the long winded intro!

1. Do I contact Hosting and ask them to change all 777 to 755?
    2. Even when I changed the Media folders permissions to 755, I still don’t see the images in Media Library or in the site, any ideas on how to fix this, I tried a plugin Media Library Restore and that did not help either.

Thank you so much for any help you might offer.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If files are not in the Media Library then that means WordPress cannot see the files in your Uploads folder.  The Media Library contains links to the files in the Uploads folder.  You will need to reupload new image files and then fix your links in your pages and post with the new url/link paths to the image files.

777 permissions on a folder means that anyone can write to a folder.  You definitely need to change that.  So yes contact your host and have them change all folder permissions to 755 which is the standard folder permissions.

handsunc
    Participant

I updated everything to 755 and images appeared! Thank you for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.