Cannot activate Default Mode

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Cannot activate Default Mode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    boise
    Participant

Hi,
    Obsolete BPS no longer uses this feature: I’m trying to get BPS into Default Mode but get this error: Failed to Activate Default htaccess Mode! I can successfully create both the default.htaccess and secure.htaccess files so not sure what the problem is. Thanks for any help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Obsolete BPS no longer uses this feature: Activating default mode copies the default.htaccess file to your website root folder and renames it to .htaccess.  If the copy does not work then either the default.htaccess file does not exist or the folder permissions for your website root folder are set too strict.  Your website root folder should be set to 755 or 705 folder permissions.  Or if you have a DSO Server it could be a Ownership issue.

boise
    Participant

Obsolete BPS no longer uses this feature: Thanks for the quick reply.  The default.htaccess does exist. I changed the permission of the root to 755 and got the same error. When I changed it to 705 I get a 403 error.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Obsolete BPS no longer uses this feature: Try manually copying the default.htaccess file to your website root folder to check/test for problems.  All that is happening when activating default mode is a simple file copy and rename.  If the problem is not with folder permissions then I guess it could be that another plugin is blocking the copy and rename.

boise
    Participant

I see. Makes sense. Okay, that worked. Thanks very much for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.