Can't lock htaccess file

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Can't lock htaccess file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

I cannot to lock htaccess file on new fresh installed site. No anomaly shown. I run again wizards, but no changes. Simply not react on Turn on auto lock. It shows two blue lines above how it is locked but switch is on Off. What now?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

So what you are saying is that you see this blue text below on the htaccess File Editor page correct?  If so, then the Root htaccess is actually locked and the problem you are describing is something on your website or server is preventing the Turn On AutoLock POST Form from processing the Form code/submit.  You can try deactivating all of your other plugins and see if the Turn On AutoLock Form works.  If you have Mod Security enabled then a Mod Security SecRule or SecFilter could be preventing the Turn On AutoLock Form from working.

Your root htaccess file is Locked with Read Only Permissions.
    Use the Lock and Unlock buttons below to Lock or Unlock your root htaccess file for editing.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

Yeap, my bad. I forgot to purge cache. Now is all fine.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well you found the problem – You should NEVER cache your WordPress wp-admin area for any reason.  You should also never cache any Forms on the frontend of your website – Login page form, Contact page Form, etc.  All caching plugins have option settings to exclude individual frontend website pages.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.