Can't see normal front end when front end maintenance mode is enabled

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Can't see normal front end when front end maintenance mode is enabled

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Rivett
    Participant

I just started using the Maintenance Mode feature of BPS. While it basically works, presenting a special message to visitors and not allowing normal access to the front end, I still need to be able to see what the front end will look like once it’s ready to publish, and I’m unable to find a way to do that.

I’ve tried entering the current and recommended IP addresses in the Whitelist box, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Before actually turning On MMode use the Preview feature/button to check that MMode settings, etc are correct.  Double check that you are entering in the correct IP address or addresses and using the correct format.  If a proxy is involved somewhere – either your server or your Browser then your IP address may be different then what you think it is.  You can google this to get your current Public IP address (ISP) – whats my ip address.

Jeff Rivett
    Participant

Well, it started working. It only works if I whitelist my router’s LAN IP address. I thought I had tried that already, but apparently not.

Of course this means that any computer on my LAN or WLAN can see the live front end of the site, but this isn’t a huge problem.

Anyhow, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.