Cannot Turn Off Security Log

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Cannot Turn Off Security Log

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Bill Justesen
    Participant

Credentials sent.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This was an interesting issue.  A solution was found below, but why it works I really have no idea.  The overall issue has something to do with your specific Host or maybe it is a LiteSpeed specific thing.  I am not really sure to tell you the truth.  Using trial and error and logic I could see that the Server was still sending all HTTP errors to the /bulletproof-security/403.php Security Logging template even though there were no .htaccess directives instructing the Server where errors should be redirected to:   the ErrorDocument .htaccess directive is a redirect directive based on HTTP Response Status Codes. ie if HTTP Status Code is X (the status code) then redirect to Y (the path).

This is what worked.

Copying the BPS Pro Error Logging and Tracking code to BPS Pro Custom Code (error logging and tracking text box), saving it and activating Root folder BulletProof Mode.

NOTE:  the path is intentionally not valid, which triggered the Server to take over handling of errors:  ErrorDocument 403 /wp-content/plugins/xxxxx/403.php

# BPS PRO ERROR LOGGING AND TRACKING
    # BPS Pro has premade 403 Forbidden, 400 Bad Request and 404 Not Found files that are used
    # to track and log 403, 400 and 404 errors that occur on your website. When a hacker attempts to
    # hack your website the hackers IP address, Host name, Request Method, Referering link, the file name or
    # requested resource, the user agent of the hacker and the query string used in the hack attempt are logged.
    # All BPS Pro log files are htaccess protected so that only you can view them.
    # The 400.php, 403.php and 404.php files are located in /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/
    # The 400 and 403 Error logging files are already set up and will automatically start logging errors
    # after you install BPS Pro and have activated BulletProof Mode for your Root folder.
    # If you would like to log 404 errors you will need to copy the logging code in the BPS Pro 404.php file
    # to your Theme's 404.php template file. Simple instructions are included in the BPS Pro 404.php file.
    # You can open the BPS Pro 404.php file using the WP Plugins Editor or by using the BPS Pro File Manager.
    # NOTE: By default WordPress automatically looks in your Theme's folder for a 404.php template file.

ErrorDocument 400 /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/400.php
    ErrorDocument 401 default
    ErrorDocument 403 /wp-content/plugins/xxxxx/403.php
    ErrorDocument 404 /404.php
    Bill Justesen
    Participant

Thanks for looking into it! I’ll duplicate this on the other sites as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.