Turn Off upgrade email notifications

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Turn Off upgrade email notifications

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Don
    Participant

I have upgraded BPS Pro, yet every day I get several reminder emails that I need to upgrade.  I have tried everything I can find. I’ve run through all of the checks, security status tests, etc, and everything is good.  But I keep getting emails (I got 6 in 10 minutes this morning).

I am using CloudFlare, but pausing their service does not see to correct this.

Is there a specific place I need to reset something to stop the upgrade email reminders.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

To turn Off BPS Pro upgrade email notification emails go to S-Monitor >>> Email Alerting & Log File Options >>> BPS Pro Upgrade Notification >>> Do Not Send Email Alerts.

Don
    Participant

Thank you for your lightening-quick support!!  I’ve done as you suggest, which is a good enough solution to what I am experiencing.

But doesn’t this turn off the notifications completely?  I would like to receive them, but only when an upgrade is really needed.  There must be something incorrectly set that is causing the notices to go out falsely.  If you know of something else I can do to tell BPS Pro “you’re at the current release”, that would be preferable.  But not a big deal — thanks!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro should already display a standard plugin upgrade notification on the WordPress Plugins page when a new version of BPS Pro is available and then you would install the BPS Pro update just like any other plugin by clicking the update now link.  BPS Pro also has a link to force a check to see if a BPS Pro upgrade is available >>> Manual Upgrade Check link on the WordPress Plugins page under the BulletProof Security Pro plugin description.

The BPS Pro email upgrade notification option was added for folks who do not get the plugin update notification in their WP Dashboard due to that plugin update being blocked by their web host or another plugin.  There is an known issue with the upgrade email notifications sending more than 1 email per day.  We are looking into why that is occurring and will have a solution as soon as possible.

Don
    Participant

Understood…  I am good with turning off the email.  Thanks again.

YoolsLoganta
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

Hi there,
    When a BPS Pro update is available, I get a mail for every site that has it installed. Where do I disable these email notifications?
    Thank you,
    Stefaan

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This topic is pretty old.  The old problem of receiving more than 1 upgrade notification per day / 24 hour period was fixed many BPS Pro versions ago.  Unfortunately, when you do upgrade your site and the Upgrade Check Cron check fires at the same time then you will get 1 upgrade notification.  You will not receive any more upgrade notifications after BPS Pro has been upgraded.

To turn off BPS Pro upgrade email notifications go to S-Monitor >>> Email Alerting & Log File Options and choose the options you want to use.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.