Unable to Login

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to Login

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim Wurster
    Participant

I’ve now set up the plugin on 4 different websites. Two of my sites are now giving me login errors with a countdown of attempts and then says try back in 20 minutes. Unfortunately, these 2 sites still have admin accounts. The sites with different “admin” accounts work. The 2 sites in question worked fine yesterday. Is there something I can do other than create a new user via phpmyadmin? Are my sites hacked?

Thank you, jim

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro does not have a “countdown of login attempts” error message.  So what this means is that you are using another WordPress plugin that performs Login Security.  You can only use 1 plugin or plugin feature to do a same or very similar function/action – handle Logins.  You will need to choose which plugin or plugin feature that you want to use – you cannot use both at the same time because they will compete with each other and either 1 plugin’s feature will override the other plugin’s feature or worse you will not be able to login in at all.

To get back into your site rename both plugin’s folders so that you can log into your site.

Example:  rename /plugins/bulletproof-security to /plugins/bulletproof-security-hold and do the same thing for the other login security plugin you have installed on your site.

After you are logged in then you need to choose which Login Security feature you want to continue to use.  You will need to rename the plugin’s folder back to their original names:  Example:  rename /plugins/bulletproof-security-hold to /plugins/bulletproof-security.  If you do not want to use BPS Pro Login Security then go to the BPS Pro Login Security page and turn off Login Security.  If you do not want to use the other Login Security plugin/feature then turn it off.

Jim Wurster
    Participant

Thanks for all your help in getting my site back and up and running.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.