Changing PHP version

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Changing PHP version

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ginger
    Participant

Hi,

I have changed the PHP version, in cPanel, for all of my hosting. I moved everything to version 8.1.

However, the PHP version in the WordPress backends still say old versions (some say v7.4.29 others say v7.2.34).

I asked my host (Stablepoint) about this, and that said that it’s because of some entries in the .htaccess files.

If this is correct, and BPS has control over the .htasccess files, I assume I need to make changes to BPS to reflect the change in PHP version.

What do I need to change?

Thanks,
    Damian

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Sounds like you either have old php.ini handler htaccess code saved in BPS Root Custom Code text box #1 or php 8.1 requires php.ini handler code or different php.ini handler htaccess code.  Do these steps below.

Delete the BPS root htaccess file
    Resave your php 8.1 version in your control panel. This will either create a new root htaccess file with php.ini handler htaccess code in it or it won’t create any php.ini handler htaccess code.
    If you see php.ini handler htaccess code in your Root htaccess file then copy it to the BPS Root Custom Code text box #1.  Important: Delete any existing old php.ini handler code that is in text box #1.
    If you do not see any php.ini handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file then delete any php.ini handler htaccess code that you see in BPS Root Custom Code text box #1.
    Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    Activate Root folder BulletProof Mode again.

Ginger
    Participant

That worked great, thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.