BackupBuddy, Unable to write to wp-config.php, F-Lock Unlock wp-config.php

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BackupBuddy, Unable to write to wp-config.php, F-Lock Unlock wp-config.php

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am making a backup  copy of WordPress using Backup Buddy and re-installing it in another hosting account to test the Upgrade to WordPress 3.5 (see if my theme and plugins accept the upgrade).When I used the file Backup Buddy uses to re-install from the backed up database, it told me it could not writeto the wp-config.php and the restoration did not work properly. I concluded that BPS was not allowing this writing of the wp-config.php. The question is: if I deactivate root bulletproof mode and deactivate BPS from the plugin page,when it is copied into the new hosting account, will it still prevent wp-config/php to be written?Would it be advisable to remove BPS completely from Wordpress before I make the backupwith  Backup Buddy? Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If your wp-config.php file is locked then you would unlock it in F-Lock.  For migrating or cloning sites see this post for the best recommended methods – http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bps-pro-compatibility-with-other-wordpress-security-plugins/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.